By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4!!360??

this joke is so pathetic it looks like sony wanted to say something like this and that's why they've put this "joke" there cause i don't think kojima would go that low.

Around the Network
waron said:
this joke is so pathetic it looks like sony wanted to say something like this and that's why they've put this "joke" there cause i don't think kojima would go that low.

People are living in a fantasy world. Anyway, you clearly never played a Kojima game (like MGS on PS1...)

haha i found that funny lol

By the way, is the voice acting really of that "quality"? I mean would people have to endure cut scenes of more than 30 minutes with this "quality" voice acting?

Oh lord, the pain.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

starcraft said:
I wonder if there is another codec call?

"DAMMIT SNAKE. We're on Playstation 3 system, slow Blu-Ray read times. Your gonna have to stop shooting while we install the next street!"

Right... >_> We dun have to load the next stage off a disc, our units came with hard drives built in

@ Eliasc You say that now :P Metal Gear solid 4 is near what, the 50 gig mark? If you wanted the same experience on your 360, "swapping disc's" would mean you dividing 50/7 :P Have fun with that xD  It's easy to say swapping disc's is teh easy route, but that's just madness ;)

@Faxanadu, some people actually like the voice acting :P Myself included, it works really well with Kojima's style of cinematic, I'm sorry you don't agree ;) 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

@Chrono: I guess I am just really allergic to Snakes voice. It sounds so....clichee?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

@Faxanadu, yeah it's supposed to xD Kojima and David Hayter (the guy who does snakes voice) write and direct with each other I believe, the game is supposed to feel more block buster, you'll find much of the acting over accentuated and most of the dynamic effects and such pretty over the top :P

@Chrono: So they actually AIMED for sounding like a trash B-movie?

I am utterly impressed.

Nah thats the thing though, many a' people can say they don't like the voice acting at all, or that they don't think it's any good, but at the same time I've almost never met a person who didn't think the ending to Metal Gear Soild 3 wasn't absolutely gorgeous and damn near tear jerking (in fact it was for some of us :P ). His ability to work with a game and make it feel like a movie, make it feel like a cinematic production, is absolutely amazing to me. His actors get the point and mood across, and that's what I think Kojima really aims for.

You people do realize that this happens where you had to change discs in MSG1, right?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"