By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it worth SELLING my PSP n Getting a DS for JRPG's??

Well if you don't mind not having a warranty I would buy a ds on ebay where the screen is broken, take it to a game store and get them to fix it, or fix it yourself(it's not too hard). Ds' on ebay that have broken screens range from 30-50 dollars. YOu should be able to afford that.

Around the Network

I don't think you can go wrong with the DS or PSP for RPGs, so if you have played all the RPGs that are out on the PSP and the ones that are coming out don't interest you, then you could try out the great selection that the DS has to offer in this genre.

If you are jrpg fan it´s a well option the ds

this month ff tactics advance 2
next month ff 4
in september dragon quest 4

And i recomend you ff xii reveant wing.

Wait until tomorrow. Depending on what Microsoft announces, you may find its worth getting a 360 for JRPG's.............

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

There are several new colours coming this friday

Around the Network

The World Ends With You, get that first if you could find it.

Here's what you should do.

Buy a DS
Buy TWEWY
Buy extra styli. Preferably, the ones with extension or pen like.

If you have the collect-em-all syndrome, this game will last you a very very long time.

Next up, Dragon Quest Monster: Joker.

Once you're done with those 2 titles, you should be familiar with what DS has to offer and you'll know what other games to buy.

|_emmiwinks said:
mariozeldametroid said:
Just trade in the damn PSP, and be amazed by the beauty of the DS! You'll get the biggest Pokémon game ever made, more than a dozen of Square-Enix AAA JRPG's, then another like 40-50 othe JRPG's, DQIX and Sonic Chronicles are coming, and you can buy all the niche Japan-only RPG's.
And if you want a little break from all the random-encounters, battle-menu's and leveling, you can buy masterpieces such as Advance Wars, New Super Mario Bros., Phantom Hourglass, etc.

You won't regret your trade-in, I promise!

@lemmiwinks: I know it's kinda illegal to discuss here, but are N64 roms running fluidly on the PSP yet?

Im not sure exactly the legality, I think we cant post links to how to do it or where to get hte ROMs and emulators.

But they just made a new N64 emulator that is supposed to run much better. I dont have it on mine, just NES, SNES and a couple Playstation 1 games, like X-Com baby!

As for the DS, there is a DS emulator for the PSP, hell if I know how they make it work though.

No they don't work at all, unless you like to play with 15 frames.... (not to mention that almost al games glitch plus that many do not work at all.)

ontopic buy a DS, noting noteworty is really coming to the PSP now(besides star ocean and kingdom hearts) especially if your a Pokemon fan.

So what do you think about my option?

i originaly owned a phat psp then sold it to get a white ds which i again sold to get a slim psp which i eventually traded to a ps3 and i've been happy ever since.

but enough of that, when i got the ds it was first fun with its stylus and all plus more games and jrpgs. but after a while, i determined that i didnt like most of the ds games and jrpgs. and i also heard that ffvii cc was releasing on the psp so i ditched the ds and got a slim. but then, i missed the ds type of gameplay...
soooo....if you can afford it, just buy a ds and dont sell your psp.

but since you cant as you already mentioned, do some research on the jrpgs on the ds and see if you like them. if you do, then go ahead and sell the psp and get a ds.