By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Direct3D cease to be the primary 3D API?

Soleron said:

OK, I accept that. I am not expecting rapid change either. I do believe that MS's influence over the gaming market as a whole will continue to weaken over time, as it has done every since about 1996 when consoles first had 3D graphics and Microsoft's technologies were no longer the best in the field.

So in the past dozen years, the PC gaming focus has goine from 99.9% MS-centric down to about 95% MS-centric?

2352: The year Macs will rule gaming!

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Frodaddyg said:
KohlyKohl said:

You clearly have a superiority complex. Perhaps Linux does have a very small gaming userbase, but it is a much better gaming platform than Windows currently is, even if it has much fewer games than Windows.

Yeah, Rocketpig, you Windows elitist you. Obviously you don't understand why Mac and Linux are far superior gaming platforms. It's just that a few people tend to overlook it, for example, the entire gaming industry.

Linux can run Unreal Tournament 2004, Enemy Territory:Quake Wars, Doom 3, Quake 4, Nexuiz, Warsow and OpenArena natively and World of Warcraft, Half-Life 2, Supreme Commander, Halo and many others with Wine.

Mac OS X has even broader support than that.

And for what youth? Not only are they a near negilible proportion of the market, but the demographics of Mac and Linux dont buy games. Not even the few titles u mentioned.

I have to second Rocketpig's HUGE LOL for bringing up Mac and Linux in a gaming conversation.