By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post your dream car.

TWRoO said:
rocketpig said:
nextgreatchamp said:
rocketpig said:
nextgreatchamp said:
@rocketpig: I can't see the last two pics but out of the first 3 i would say go with the benz. I personally am not a fan at all of the mustangs, i like the chargers but i dont like that color. The benz would be the best one to go with, what year is it. Re-upload the last two pics, and good luck shopping

It's a Dodge dealership and there are several Chargers in various colors.

If I get the Charger, it would have to be a black one. That way I could drive it up to San Fran and recreate the car chase from Bullitt from the bad guys' perspective.

black would be hard. if you get black make sure you get really dark tint and some black rims and call yourself the night-rider.

I don't know if I would black out the rims but the windows would be a must.

Dunno, I have the feeling I'll be driving several cars tonight. Hopefully there's something I really like. I need a new car ASAP.

eeuhck.

I am glad blacked out windows are illegal in the UK.

Well, okay.

I'm glad it's not illegal here. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
nextgreatchamp said:
@rocketpig: I can't see the last two pics but out of the first 3 i would say go with the benz. I personally am not a fan at all of the mustangs, i like the chargers but i dont like that color. The benz would be the best one to go with, what year is it. Re-upload the last two pics, and good luck shopping

If I get the Charger, it would have to be a black one. That way I could drive it up to San Fran and recreate the car chase from Bullitt from the bad guys' perspective. 

Going to need to get some hubcaps.  Mercedes finally died?  What died?

I give that post a 9.9. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
rocketpig said:
nextgreatchamp said:

Going to need to get some hubcaps. Mercedes finally died? What died?

I give that post a 9.9.

Dunno what died. It just decided to stop running while driving down Anaheim. I'm tired of the car. It's cost me about $400 in missing work over the past three weeks, much less the $150 I just spent on a tuneup.

I agree with brawl4life, Lamborghini = WIN.....Gallardo SE is the best though, too bad there's only 250 of 'em.....:(

Not a car, but this is what I want.

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my2008/ModelPage.jhtml?family=Superbike&model=SBK1098S-08

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

I drove the Charger today... What a turd. Completely unimpressed. I was a lot more impressed with this, which is what I ended up buying:

rocketpig said:
I drove the Charger today... What a turd. Completely unimpressed. I was a lot more impressed with this, which is what I ended up buying:

What the hell is it? It looks like an aveage European car but I have never seen it before, the image says pontiac, which I have heard of but I always thought they were cheap like Lada or old Skodas

GM has spent the last few years turning Pontiac back into their performance line, which it always was back in the day. It was only the 80s and 90s where they shit all over the Pontiac brand with cars like the Grand Am. It's a Pontiac G6 GT... FWD, 3.5L V6, yadda yadda yadda... It has ~220 horsepower. Not bad. Handles pretty well, too.

Somewhat economical (much better than the Charger), smaller, more nimble, and more comfortable. Doesn't ride on the freeway quite as nice but I suspect that has a lot to do with the Charger's massive weight.

The Mercedes just wasn't a viable option. Too many miles (45k), too old (2004), and pretty stripped down. Not many features that impressed me for the price.

@rocketpig: not bad man, i guess you really did need a car bad cus i didnt think you'd get one that fast. usually people go to different car dealers before choosing but i guess if you found what you like than get it. its a good car though

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

nextgreatchamp said:
@rocketpig: not bad man, i guess you really did need a car bad cus i didnt think you'd get one that fast. usually people go to different car dealers before choosing but i guess if you found what you like than get it. its a good car though

I was fully expecting to go to more than one dealer but the Pontiac really impressed me. It's way quicker than the non-V8 Charger (which is a gas hog in V-8 form), it's a lot more nimble, and it feels a lot sportier. The only real fault I have with the car is that it's FWD. I liked the size, interior, seating, pretty much everything much more than the Charger.

Given the rarity of RWD cars nowadays, that seriously limited my options and from what research I did on some of them, they left a lot to be desired when it came to options and power.

I briefly considered a WRX but given the huge "tool factor" when it comes to driving those little Subarus, I decided against it. I also prefer the clean-but-sporty look of the G6 over the cobbled plasticky nature of the WRX. I was also restricted to sedans (wife has a puny-ass Civic coupe) so that restricted me even more. I wanted something smaller but with enough room to fit a 6'4" frame.

It also helped that I got the car for about $2500 under book since it was at a Dodge dealership. The six year, 60k warranty is a plus, too.

PS. Mine is black with chrome rims and fog lights. That dark grey picture doesn't do it justice.