By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boycotting Nintendo !!!

ClaudeLv250 said:
I thought the mods were locking boycott troll "me too!" threads.

Oh well. If they won't, I will. No I'm not a mod but I'm so awesome that I can lock your thread anyway.

LOCKED!

a non mod doing the work of a mod, perhaps ioi should hire you.

Peaplz ClaudeLv250  declared this thread LOCKED!!!

So as the thread creater I deem this thread closed too, anyone caught posting after my post will be deemed trolls and will get a ban warnining froma real mode when they get here and investigate. 

Around the Network
trestres said:
@Branko: He was banned for trolling on Nintendo forums already, I know what I'm saying.

Alright then but I think it's better to present counter arguments then just labeling people fanboys.

@Branko, his reason would be valid if he actually didn't hate Nintendo from the begining.

What I can say about the voice acting is that, although it's a bit more helpful, it's not necessary at all. Some Nintendo games implemented them. MP3, SMS, F-Zero GX, SSBB, SSBM, SSB. But the majority of games don't and still the experience feels intact.
Games that rely heavily on voice acting are FPS, RPG's and RTS games IMO.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

there shouldn't even have been voice acting in metroid at all... given its general theme up until metroid prime 3 was all about solitude.. but i certainly liked it.. and i'd hopefully not regret welcoming it as a common addition to nintendo games, meaning.. i'd like them if and only if they are well done and not cheesy

the minimal voice acting in mario galaxy (including "SUPER MARRRIOO GALAAAXXXY" in the intro) is my only negative point about SMG, so how well it is done is vital

jake_the_fake1 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
MEtroid prime 3 has voice acting. I'm sure disaster day of crisis,the next zelda, will too. So boycott isn't valid.

NO!!! Zelda wouldn't be the same with VA. I haven't heard link speak yet outside of the cartoon show. It is better that way.

I didn't play the CD-i game, but that doesn't matter. ;)

LInk doesn't have to talk.

@Jake EVerybody has to talk? It adds to the story more when she is quiet. Same thing for link.

so they add more to the story when their mute than if they were to speak, sorry I don't buy that and this is one of the reasons for my Boycott of Nintendo.

There's a reason why Valve has never let Gordon speak a word.  It can be beneficial to the story and/or the player's perception of who they are in the game.

Around the Network

Seen that? Now, Jake. Don't ever, ever think of demanding Link to speak again, or these things will happen again...

I am going to boycott nintendo because I don't have a nintendo console

That didn't make any sense... First of all, your initial assumption isn't even true. Second, it doesn't seem like you could ever buy a Nintendo game in the first place, so you really aren't boycotting anything.

I welcome joke topics as much as the next guy, but this one just failed hard...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wow, you don't own a Wii or a DS, and you're boycotting Nintendo games

Voice acting is overrated, the story in Zelda is brilliant, and would be ruined by getting some douche to voice everything

Haha, no. Nintendo wins !