By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boycotting Nintendo !!!

Seems that as of late boycotting has very much become the trend, so I thought to my self, what game company simply doesn't make the games that I like or at least appeal to me in some fashion. So the company that sprung to mind was Nintendo.

The reason I'm boycotting Nintendo is because their games have no voice acting, I mean common it's 2008 a company as big as Nintendo can surely afford to do proper voice acting for their games, not the grunts, yelps and screams we are constantly subjected to.

So who's with me?

Also, on a side note, why do people constanly make boycotting threads?

I did it because everyone else is doing it :)

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:

Seems that as of late boycotting has very much become the trend, so I thought to my self, what game company simply doesn't make the games that I like or at least appeal to me in some fashion. So the company that sprung to mind was Nintendo.

The reason I'm boycotting Nintendo is because their games have no voice acting, I mean common it's 2008 a company as big as Nintendo can surely afford to do proper voice acting for their games, not the grunts, yelps and screams we are constantly subjected to.

So who's with me?

Also, on a side note, why do people constanly make boycotting threads?

I did it because everyone else is doing it :)

I think you answered your own question. :)

It's the in thing these days.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

MEtroid prime 3 has voice acting. I'm sure disaster day of crisis,the next zelda, will too. So boycott isn't valid.

Honestly as fanboyish as it sounds....I wouldn't mind a boycott on nintendo :P I have already explained why i think it's a game killer. Takes qauility out of game with shovel ware that sells and a repetative market of Mario.

Edit : And yes i know this is pretty much a joke thread. Also if i were to do a nintendo boycott, it really wouldn't matter. I don't buy nintendo games, for this generation at least.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

soulsamurai said:
Honestly as fanboyish as it sounds....I wouldn't mind a boycott on nintendo :P I have already explained why i think it's a game killer. Takes qauility out of game with shovel ware that sells and a repetative market of Mario.

Yeah that is why the shovleware competes in the highest rated video game of all time.

Around the Network

Way to go, boycotting games you weren't gonna buy in the first place. I just hope Nintendo can stay in business without you.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

sc94597 said:
MEtroid prime 3 has voice acting. I'm sure disaster day of crisis,the next zelda, will too. So boycott isn't valid.

Does samus her self speak?

Also, do you honestly expect Nintendo to make Link speak of for that matter anyone in the Zelda world speak?

I mean they cold easily cover it up by having an event where link gets his toungue cut off, or he gets hexed and can't speak, but instead we are given no reason as to why he or the people from his wolrd don't speak.

Mario should learn to say more than 'it's a me, Mario', hell even Sonic can speak and he's a hedgehog. LOLz

sc94597 said:

NO!!! Zelda wouldn't be the same with VA. I haven't heard link speak yet outside of the cartoon show. It is better that way.

I didn't play the CD-i game, but that doesn't matter. ;)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:

NO!!! Zelda wouldn't be the same with VA. I haven't heard link speak yet outside of the cartoon show. It is better that way.

I didn't play the CD-i game, but that doesn't matter. ;)

LInk doesn't have to talk.

@Jake EVerybody has to talk? It adds to the story more when she is quiet. Same thing for link. 

Boo this man!

BooooooO!