By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What gaming purchases do you regret?

pinback4life said:
Army of Two and Haze dont get me wrong i had a blast playing them both (Yes even Haze!), but they were so short and just didnt meet my expectations i returned them both and got good for nothing store credit. Haze was my biggest let down for sure i pre-ordered that damn game.

Did you go to blockbuster to trade it in? They give more in-store credit than gamestop or eb games and you can use that for buying a movie,game,magazine,candy,drinks or even renting a movie or game in blockbuster.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

Transformers-PS3 version
The ps2 2004 version is a whole lot better and its about $9.99.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Transformers-PS3 version
The ps2 2004 version is a whole lot better and its about $9.99.

Wii:
Super Monkey ball:banana blitz-terrible game
NiGHTS kinda- it was good but had wonky controls

GameCube
the incredibles- terrilbe game

GBA
Mario Party advance

Wii
No More Heroes (repeats too much...boring fighting)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (didn't like the controls..first GBA one was the best)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (GC worked better)

Xbox 360
Stanglehold (repeats too much)
Guitar Hero II (bought it for my bro but he didn't play it too much not worth $90)
The Bigs (The Show is so much better)
Madden 08 (Madden gets worse and worse every year)
GTA IV (GTA III was the only good GTA)
Oblivion (heard good things about it..not my kinda game)
Fight Nigt Round 3 (it's just boxing)

PS3
Ratchet and Clank (not nearly as good as 1 and 2 on PS2)

DS
Contact (thought it would be like earthbound but it clearly wasn't)
Mario Hoops (one of the worst games i ever played)
Super Princess Peach (not nearly as good as a 2D Mario)

Thats just the current gen...theres prob more but i can't think of any right now

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Around the Network

Have you played Madden 08 online?Compared to the 2007 version,Madden 08 is superb online(It has way more added features such as gamecast,trophy feature,play for trophies while online.easportsworld.com ,icon feature showing player attributes to read offensives plays or defensive plays,ring builder feature that you can order the actual ring once completed,etc.) These all are new features never seen before on no other madden game.

im talkin gameplay...don't care about playin for trophies and ring builder...IMO i feel the gameplay hasn't taken that next gen leap...my fav madden was 2002...for me it was never the same after that...and i loved '92...first madden i ever played

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

GTA III (PC) : Bought it mainly on hype, despite knowing it had almost nothing in common with the two previous GTA. A really expensive audio-CD.

Max Payne (PC) : Same than above : Bought on hype. Tried the Bullet Time 2-3 times and never played the game again.

Sword of Mana (GBA) : Was hoping for a true sequel of the two first Secret of Mana on Snes. Not even close.

thanny said:

do you regret buying a certain game, or even a console?

I regret buying Red Steel, and i also regret buying TF2 when i did because the next day it was 33% off >_<

Im going to be hung for this, I know... But the N64, GameCube and Game Boy. 

I only ever played GoldenEye on the 64, only bought Windwaker for the Cube and just couldnt get behind the Tandy Tiger like graphics of the Original Game Boy.

The first two were more of a money thing, the last is just being a graphics whore I guess. 

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

FF7, all three times i bought it. No one can really say i didn't give the game a fair shot to wow me though.

Other then that... nothing.

I did regret asking for Diddy Kong Racing for X-mas though.  Man i hated that game.