By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Franchises

ssj12 said:

This is why Sony is one of the largest first party dev out of the three companies for their own game consoles. These are all Sony owned franchises.

And since I'm in an incredibly nitpicky mood, saying you're one of the largest first party devs of the three major consoles is a silly thing to say.  If you're the largest, you say you're the larget.  If you know you're not but you want to sound impressive, you say you're one of the largest, meaning you're 2nd and you know it.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
There happy with that edit then? winers...

I'm sorry, what did you edit? This forums doesn't show you when you edit things and I didn't see any changes on the list (only quick glance) or the title. Also, I'm quite blind... >_<

He said that Sony was the largest first party software developer.

DonWii said:
Yeah. It is all a matter of opinion, because sales can show otherwise.

Sales, when was the last time a game on Nintendos home console ousold Gran Turismo.

FishyJoe said:
twesterm said:
ssj12 said:

I'm sorry, what did you edit? This forums doesn't show you when you edit things and I didn't see any changes on the list (only quick glance) or the title. Also, I'm quite blind... >_<

Ah, well then that's why that "was one of the largest" thing didn't catch my eye the first time through.  :-p

Celb said:
DonWii said:
Yeah. It is all a matter of opinion, because sales can show otherwise.

Sales, when was the last time a game on Nintendos home console ousold Gran Turismo.

Can we include the DS?

Around the Network

Celb: When was the last time a Nintendo home console had anywhere near the install base of Sony? The answer is N64/PS1, and if you'll notice, Mario 64 outsold both GT1 and GT2.

twesterm said:
FishyJoe said:
twesterm said:
ssj12 said:

Ah, well then that's why that "was one of the largest" thing didn't catch my eye the first time through. :-p

well truthfully they are the largest in sense of having the most first/second party Dev teams.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Personally I prefer Sony games, mainly because I don't particularly like Mario games, I just find Mario personally annoying. However all developers have their good games, for instnace our family has always been a big fan of the Ratchet & Clank games, but has also been fans of the Pokemon games on GB/A aswell.

However saying any company is the largest first party software developer is ambiguous because it depends on how you measure it.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk