By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - whats the hardest game you have ever played?

Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame
Even using cheats there were levels that I couldn't win, imagine having to beat all of them in less than an hour.

Around the Network

Wii: Dark room sex game....made me so hard..

/BS

uhm....the hardest game I've ever played?...hmm....

DMC3 was hard....but Super Metroid was no walk in the park either....meh....not sure

cwbys21 said:
gog85 said:
the original Ninja Gaiden on NES. i can't get past the last level to get to the final bosses. been trying for years.

I second this, that game is incredibly hard.  I doubt anyone ever beat it.

I managed to do it.  It too me several attempts to beat the last boss; you can beat parts of it before you have to start all the way from the beginning of that level if you die.  Or to make it easy on yourself, figure out a way to keep that flipping powerup that makes you invincible in the air. You can kill bosses REALLY fast with it.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Must say Ninja gaiden sigma on master ninja mode.

any shinobi game, any ninja gaiden game and eternal champions on the mega cd (no one i know has completed this or even come close to completing it :S)

Around the Network

F-Zero GX story mode on very hard or Super Ghouls n' Ghosts on Professional.

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" -Shigeru Miyamoto

Currently Playing - Metroid Zero Mission

>15% ending
Normal Hard <2hrs <100% Normal Hard
<2hrs 100%
Normal Hard 2-4hrs <100% Normal Hard
>2hrs 100%
Normal Hard 4+hrs <100% Normal Hard

god of war 2 in mode God very defficult

medal of honor vanguard wii

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

playnext3 said:
god of war 2 in mode God very defficult

Agree with u gow2 and ninja gaiden sigma i keep as 2 hardest game ever played.

Props to mentioning Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy and ADoM. I have to add two games a bit along the same lines, or whatever. Anyway.

Nethack. I don't think anybody can call themselves a true gamer unless they have played Nethack. You don't have to beat it, 'cause it's just ridiculously difficult to do that. Just play it. And yes, I honestly can't understand what's up with the controls, who the hell decided which button does what, especially considering moving around, but anyway. To quote a great late man, you have to play Nethack "'cause it's a mother."

Another stupidly hard game was Moria, and here's a little story of it. I was playing with a Hobbit mage (or whatever the class is called). He was getting to be a badass mage, and could lay waste to all the normal monsters with ease, so I decided to up my exp rate and use the Wand of Polymorphism I had to morph small monsters into bigger ones. And all was well.

Until a monster morphed into an Ancient Multi-Hued Dragon, which in the game help files comes with a note: Beware! Well, I was confident that my mighty mage could deal with the dragon, so I started casting spells along the usual lines, but the problem was that the damn thing was resistant to most of them. However, it's attacks were not causing all that much damage, so I wasn't really in a big trouble yet. My Hobbit had 74 max hits, and the dragon did around 20 hits with it's attacks, so I had plenty of time to heal myself and get a couple of shots in. That is, until the dragon breathed fire. After which, my poor little hobbit had -622 hit points. Considering that the ultimate goal of Moria is to slay the Balrog, it's safe to assume the Balrog is more badass than the dragon, which lead me to the conclusion that Moria is a BADASS hard game to beat. Of course, I've never beaten it, but presumably some people have, and my hat's off to them.