By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JGarret said:
Whatever the case, I guess we can be sure MS´ next system will be far better built.

Not if they rush it out early again.

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
colonelstubbs said:
allergic said:
buy a 360. More games, best multiplats, great pad, unique live, a lot of exclusive in 2008 (gow2, banjo3, vp2, fable2, too human, tales of vesperia, infinite undiscovery), lower price, best support

HAHAHAHAHA dont be ridiculous. The sixaxis and dual shock trample all over the 360s shitty pad.

On Topic:

Buy a PS3. Better exclusives, more powerful console, more reliable console, free online, Blu-ray, eventual backwards compatibility, rechargable non battery operated controllers as standard....

You know it makes sense

Ok Colonelstupid... i don't want to say which one is better but your posts just don't make sense.

Have you even held a 360 controller? Alot of people like it so i wouldn't say it is shitty, so i would take back that comment if i were you because "you know it doesn't make sense"

Ignoring the hilarious colonelstupid comment (must have taken you hours to come up with that gem) yes of course i have held a 360 pad. I also held a pad for the original xbox. I have played for many hours on Halo 2 and 3, and im sorry, but for FPS the playstation controller is better. And for sports games. And racing games.

I would very much like to meet you in person and see if you call me stupid to my face. I would guess not

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

darthdevidem01 said:
@Garcian Smith

No.....you are being delusional

I am saying this from review scores so far & the feeling that GTA IV is a disappointment to most people

so MGS4 is at the top right now

From where? SDF?

Yakuzaice said:
Hawkeye said:
PS2 is backwards compatible right? Could someone please recomend PS1 titles for me that are still worth playing today (other than FF7 I am sure a remake is coming at some point)? Thanks! :D

Well as far as RPG's I'd recommend.

Alundra
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior VII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Grandia
Lunar Series
Persona 2
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Tactics Ogre
Thousand Arms
Vagrant Story
Valkyrie Profile
Vandal Hearts
Wild Arms
Xenogears

If you do get a PS2 I'd say try the MGS series (granted I think you said you dislike stealth). I believe the Essential Collection is $25 at Circuit City this week, and for 3 games you might as well try it out.

Wow, thats alot! Thank you. I'll probably try MGS, but I don't dislike stealth- just have no interest as I have never tried them. Only time I have done anyhiting stealthy was in forsaken fotress in Wind Waker, and that was kinda lame.

Also, holy crap this thread got huge XD 

Hawkeye said:
Yakuzaice said:
Hawkeye said:
PS2 is backwards compatible right? Could someone please recomend PS1 titles for me that are still worth playing today (other than FF7 I am sure a remake is coming at some point)? Thanks! :D

Alundra
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior VII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Grandia
Lunar Series
Persona 2
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Tactics Ogre
Thousand Arms
Vagrant Story
Valkyrie Profile
Vandal Hearts
Wild Arms
Xenogears

If you do get a PS2 I'd say try the MGS series (granted I think you said you dislike stealth). I believe the Essential Collection is $25 at Circuit City this week, and for 3 games you might as well try it out.

Wow, thats alot! Thank you. I'll probably try MGS, but I don't dislike stealth- just have no interest as I have never tried them. Only time I have done anyhiting stealthy was in forsaken fotress in Wind Waker, and that was kinda lame.

No offence but you pretty much invited two sets of fanboys to come and bash each others consoles.

Have you made your decision yet?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Euphoria14 said:
starcraft said:
whatever said:
starcraft said:
Hawkeye said:

Dammit... PS3 would be better to get in 09 as an Xmas present but it has a blu ray player and other stuff. May be I should just work all summer at a part time job and save up and get both lol. Except then I wouldnt have time to ever play those 45 PS2 games :(

A cash gift of $2000 would solve my problem :)

Honestly, if the 360 has two to three times the games you want and money is an issue, its a no-brainer.

The PS3 is currently very over-priced. Ask for it in 2009 as a christmas gift. Or buy one late next year when its cheaper and some of the big games Darth keeps talking about are actually out.

Sorry, but you can't make foolish statements like this and expect people to take your opinion seriously. The fact that Sony is still losing money on the console means, by definition, that it is not overpriced.

What is overpriced is the 360 elite and the 360 hardrives. Its ridiculous that you need to spend $180 for a 120 GB HDD when a standard 250 GB HDD is less than $100.

I agree that 360 HDD are overpriced. Given I was talking about games, the Ps3 is massively overpriced from a consumer perspective. As a consumer, neither I nor any other consumers should be concerned with what Sony gets out of the transaction.

Any possible way to prove PS3 is overpriced?

Last I checked the lowest model PS3 was $400 and still offered more than the $350 360 that also requires another $50 for online making it not only the same price, but without the BluRay, WiFi, Remote play, Free online, the list goes on.

In actuality, whether you believe it or not, 360 is more overpriced than the PS3.

Mention the arcade and it gets even worse considering a 20GB 360 HDD is what? $100? Still making it inferior to the PS3 in terms of what it offers.

The price argument has been invalid for a long time bro.

Then what happens if the 40GB does indeed get BC? Don't say it won't either. PS2 after enough time ran PS1 games on software only. As it does with the PS3 now.

Want to know what overpriced is? Wii is sold for profit, 360 is sold for profit. PS3 is sold at a loss, meaning it is not possible to say it is overpriced.

Also in terms of library at the moment, it is all a matter of opinion.

Read my post. I was talking about games. Given the PS3 has only just gotten (MGS4) one AAA exclusive and is still at a minimum of $400 (but they are trying to talk him into buying the $500 one), it is massively overpriced.

Overpriced doesn't refer to how much a company does or doesn't make, it refers the the value a consumer can get from a purchase IMO.

To the consumer the PS3 is not avery good value. It is getting there quickly though, and that coupled with Sonys brand name should propel the PS3 to a very weak 2nd place by the end of this generation. For me though the PS3 has added value of PS2 and PS1 games... though I might just get a PS2 lol. 40 plus PS2 games and 20 plus PS1 games and 30 plus PSP games is more than enough...

@cremator

uh....no IGN giving it 9.9

oh yeah IGN = T3H BIASED now....riiiiight??

just like how all review sites are biased cus they gave LO n BD low scores??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@colonelstubbs lol!!!!

everybody knows that PS controller is shit for FPS...

colonelstubbs said:
Hawkeye said:
Yakuzaice said:
Hawkeye said:

Alundra
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior VII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Grandia
Lunar Series
Persona 2
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Tactics Ogre
Thousand Arms
Vagrant Story
Valkyrie Profile
Vandal Hearts
Wild Arms
Xenogears

No offence but you pretty much invited two sets of fanboys to come and bash each others consoles.

Have you made your decision yet?

Yeah, this thread made me realize that both consoles ahve alot to like, though different stuff, and that there are tons of old games that are dirt cheap that I havn't played. I am best off buiyng like 10 old N64 games I missed, and 20 or so cheap PSP games, and may be a couple Wii/DS games. Then this fall if BK3 is awsome get a 360, if not get a PS2 and game on that until next summer, then next summer try to buy both XD

Thanks for helping me guys! 

Hawkeye said:
Yakuzaice said:
Hawkeye said:

Alundra
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior VII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Grandia
Lunar Series
Persona 2
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Tactics Ogre
Thousand Arms
Vagrant Story
Valkyrie Profile
Vandal Hearts
Wild Arms
Xenogears

The best thing is to get a modded PS2 not very expensive now and play all these games above. Then buy a 360 and never look back. It will be cheaper and a better option. If not just buy a 360 cause it has better games coming out this year and you can guarantee none of its games will be delayed(K2) or be huge letdowns(Lair, Haze, Heavenly sword). It is more reliable with the new Falcons chips and has better online and better graphics on most games and that seems to never change. So if you want the console with the best games and best graphics on most games go for 360. Its also proven that more ppl spend time on the 360 than the Wii and waaaay more time on it than the PS3(there was a thread about this on an article).