By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TheRealMafoo said:

I think where the ban comment came from, was when you eluded to the 360 being more reliable then the PS3.

How does that lie, or misguided inaccurate information, help the OP make a decision?

Where did I make a broad, sweeping statement about the 360 being more reliable in general than the PS3?

Where did I even alude to that possibility? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

@Valdens

I NEVER said the word 360 has no games.......while thats all Starcraft has been saying on this thread about the PS3....he has nothing else to insult PS3 other than "it has no games", "its over-priced".....frankly an argument that was so done with last christmas.

be more objective & analytical next time

@HawkEye

if you want SRPG's.....valkyria chronicle they say is one of the best ones....its a PS3 exclusive n you might wanna check it out

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

buy a 360. More games, best multiplats, great pad, unique live, a lot of exclusive in 2008 (gow2, banjo3, vp2, fable2, too human, tales of vesperia, infinite undiscovery), lower price, best support

hmm if you're into jrpg and srpg you should not go with the 360 while it does have a fairly good line up dont expect them announcing alot of new stuff. We all know the reason why the 360 got its jrpg is due to microsoft struggle to achieve victory in japan. Sadly it seems like thats not going to happen anymore.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=28364

The truth is the 360 is an utter failure in japan and the system wont get alot of jrpg in the distant future.

The 360 is not cheaper than the ps3, cause you have to buy all that extra stuff and thus it gets more expensive. My xbox has had 2 rrod, 2 controllers are broken, 2 headsets and 2 games(360's fault). ps3= no problems at all.

masterb8tr said:
hmm if you're into jrpg and srpg you should not go with the 360 while it does have a fairly good line up dont expect them announcing alot of new stuff. We all know the reason why the 360 got its jrpg is due to microsoft struggle to achieve victory in japan. Sadly it seems like thats not going to happen anymore.
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=28364
The truth is the 360 is an utter failure in japan and the system wont get alot of jrpg in the distant future.
The 360 is not cheaper than the ps3, cause you have to buy all that extra stuff and thus it gets more expensive. My xbox has had 2 rrod, 2 controllers are broken, 2 headsets and 2 games(360's fault). ps3= no problems at all.

You don't HAVE to buy anything other than the console for JRPG's.  I don't have wireless or even gold membership at the moment.

The console is certainly cheaper than the Ps3.

And people keep saying the Xbox 360 wont get JRPG's, yet companies keep announcing them for the platform, often exclusively.  Indeed, far from the PS3 catching up, the Xbox 360 seems to be extending its JRPG lead. 

Around the Network

@starcraft

well any crappy JRPG is really not important...

I mean seriously you will get loads of FPS' these days...only a very small handful (1 or 2) are actually decent

in the same way ONLY LO is a decent JRPG on 360..thats it

SRPG wise PS3 is dominating right now...this is known....

darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

well any crappy JRPG is really not important...

I mean seriously you will get loads of FPS' these days...only a very small handful (1 or 2) are actually decent

in the same way ONLY LO is a decent JRPG on 360..thats it

SRPG wise PS3 is dominating right now...this is known....

Right now I'm about halfway through Eternal Sonata.  Its brilliant.  If you head on over to the thread announcing the PS3 version will be Japan-only you'll find a lot of PS3 fans agree with me.

Blue Dragon was scored ridiculously high by Famitsu, and Infinite Undiscovery is an exclusive Tri-Ace developed, Square Enix published, Microsoft funded JRPG.  There is very little chance that title will be "crappy."  And this is all without mentioning Tales.  BD and LO are even just under 80 on Metacritic, which is great for JRPG's.

I notice that whenever someone says "JRPG's dont sell well on PS3" you kick and scream and say VC and Disgaea 3 ARN'T JRPG's, they are SRPG's that only sell to a small niche market."  Yet now, when it suits you, SRPG's are suddenly a big deal?  In any case Culdcept Saga,  Operation Darkness and Zoids Assualt say hi.

@Starcraft

WTF??

SRPG's being important to him is what I was saying...he clearly said he likes SRPG's more than JRPG's...so telling him PS3 has the best lineup of SRPG's is suddenly hyping them....whatever starcraft...your making my head spin

darthdevidem01 said:
@Starcraft

WTF??

SRPG's being important to him is what I was saying...he clearly said he likes SRPG's more than JRPG's...so telling him PS3 has the best lineup of SRPG's is suddenly hyping them....whatever starcraft...your making my head spin

Well then to stop the spinning, simply concentrate on that nice list of SRPG's for the Xbox 360 I put there for you.

@Starcraft

yes and.....Deisagaei 3 & Valkyria chronicles beat them...