By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Valdens said:
BCNR34 said:
i see a starcraft ban coming.
IMO he was just trying to help the person make his decision, moreso than the likes of Darth who was trying to force the OP into picking the PS3. >_>

No, they are both forcing their system on the OP; massive amount of bias = anything but help.

Around the Network
Ssyn said:
Valdens said:
BCNR34 said:
IMO he was just trying to help the person make his decision, moreso than the likes of Darth who was trying to force the OP into picking the PS3. >_>

No, they are both forcing their system on the OP; massive amount of bias = anything but help.

Not true at all.  There are about three of four instances in this thread of me actually checking information for the OP to make him better informed.

If you examine his posts, you'll find he has a STRONG leaning to the 360, that some people are trying to rob him of.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Ssyn said:
Valdens said:
BCNR34 said:

I saw that post after mine and I thought it was in reference to me and starcraft's discussion which I personally have no problem with.

@starcraft

I also personally find the OP leaning more towards a purchase that enables him to play PS2 games, evident by his OP.

List of games he says he wants to play.

Kingdom Hearts

Disgaea 2

La Pucelle Tactics

Phantom Brave

Kingdom Hearts 2

Final Fantasy 10

Final Fantasy 11

Final Fantasy 12

God of War

God of War 2

Ratchet and Clank

Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando

Ratchet and Clank: up your arsenal

Jak and Daxter- Precursor Legacy

Jak 2

Jak 3

Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the cursed king

Final Fantasy X-2

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Odin Sphere

Ape Escape 2

Star Ocean: Till the end of time

Wild Arms 3

Wild Arms alter code F

Wild Arms 4

Wild Arms 5

Tales of the Abyss

Ape Escape 3

Tales of Legendia

Star Wars battlefront

Star Wars battlefront 2

Okami

Devil May Cry

Shadow of the colossus

Devil May Cry 2

Devil May Cry 3

We Love Katamari

Beyond Good and Evil

Psychonauts

As you said, he should get a PS2 as well, but he seems to favor that above all else at the moment. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Ssyn said:
Valdens said:
BCNR34 said:

I saw that post after mine and I thought it was in reference to me and starcraft's discussion which I personally have no problem with.

Indeed.  The only person that has come into this thread and not made an attempt to contribute something is BCNR34.

@ Euphoria

I guess it comes down to opinion.  I've played a large number of the 360's RPG's and they alone make the console a must for me (and thats not counting the shooters and racers I play).  Therefore, especially given the OP's earlier leanings, I think a 360 for summer and PS2 after price drop is the best value proposition for him.  Alternatively, he could go PS2 now then 360, but I reckon it would be better the other way around as he then has a 360 to show off his HDTV. 

starcraft said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ssyn said:
Valdens said:
BCNR34 said:

Indeed.  The only person that has come into this thread and not made an attempt to contribute something is BCNR34.

@ Euphoria

I guess it comes down to opinion.  I've played a large number of the 360's RPG's and they alone make the console a must for me (and thats not counting the shooters and racers I play).  Therefore, especially given the OP's earlier leanings, I think a 360 for summer and PS2 after price drop is the best value proposition for him.  Alternatively, he could go PS2 now then 360, but I reckon it would be better the other way around as he then has a 360 to show off his HDTV. 

For all we know though 360 may recieve a price drop as well. So either way he should probably wait. I can't see the Pro model still being $350 come late fall/early winter. Remember, he still needs that job so I don't see a purchase coming right now.

He will probably make up his mind sometime after E3.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network

Yeah E3 is in a month. Wait and see what gets a price drop and whether Banjo Kazooie turns out to be perfect or only amazing.

starcraft said:
Yeah E3 is in a month. Wait and see what gets a price drop and whether Banjo Kazooie turns out to be perfect or only amazing.

Well the OP is a Banjo fan, I doubt he will care how it turns out.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
starcraft said:

Not neccessarily.  Did you see how many Banjo fans reacted badly when the vehicle aspect was announced?  Some of that may be based on anger towards Rare for going MS exclusive, but still, there was a lot of (in my opinion unjustified) hate.

starcraft said:
Euphoria14 said:
starcraft said:

Not neccessarily.  Did you see how many Banjo fans reacted badly when the vehicle aspect was announced?  Some of that may be based on anger towards Rare for going MS exclusive, but still, there was a lot of (in my opinion unjustified) hate.

Well I wasn't happy about it either, but I agree it is no reason to write a game off.

Currently playing:

starcraft said:
Ssyn said:
Valdens said:
BCNR34 said:

Not true at all.  There are about three of four instances in this thread of me actually checking information for the OP to make him better informed.

If you examine his posts, you'll find he has a STRONG leaning to the 360, that some people are trying to rob him of.

I think where the ban comment came from, was when you eluded to the 360 being more reliable then the PS3.

How does that lie, or misguided inaccurate information, help the OP make a decision?