By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360: Console Home of RPGs?

Are most of these JRPGS or WRPGS?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

The DS is the system to get if you want quality RPG's.

You can have anything: Square Enix, Atlus, Mistwalker, Nippon Ichi, BioWare...

Just watch the new line of NIS games... this is a new article:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/880/880066p1.html

Soriku said:
mrstickball said:
360 is the king of console RPGs.

But the fact is, you'd have to be blind to not see that the DS has more RPGs than every other system combined.

Hopefully this year's crop of JRPGs is great. I'm almost done with Blue Dragon, and my girlfriend just started on Lost Odyssey.

wat. I'd assume since BD is kinda old you'd have finished it by now lol.

BD is such a good game, took me 100 hours to finish with every side quest. Managed to get 975/1000 gamerscore. It is one of those few games that achievements really add to the game. 

Soriku said:
thekitchensink said:
To everyone reiterating that the DS is the RPG king, read the title again. It clearly says "CONSOLE king of RPGs'

OT: I agree that the 360 has the most RPGs, but to me it doesn't look like there will be an undisputed king like there was last generation. I mean, just off the top of my non-rpg-informed head:

360:
Mass Effect
Eternal Sonata
Blue Dragon
Lost Oddysey
Oblivion
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Versperia
FFXI

PS3:
FFXIII
FF Vs. XIII
FF Haraesis XIII
White Knight Story
Genji
Oblivion
Disgaea 3
(I know there are more whose names I don't know)

Wii:
Tales of Symphonia 2
Fire Emblem
Monster Hunter 3
(Also many more that I don't know)

So RPG lovers should be happy with any console this generation.

Though I would laugh my ass off if Kingdom Hearts 3 went to the 360 (still buy it, though)

FF Haeresis isn't confirmed to be on the PS3. In fact, that's rumored to be a Wii game.

there are also 2 other FFXIII spin-offs... lets wait and see

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Ari_Gold said:
Soriku said:
mrstickball said:
360 is the king of console RPGs.

But the fact is, you'd have to be blind to not see that the DS has more RPGs than every other system combined.

Hopefully this year's crop of JRPGs is great. I'm almost done with Blue Dragon, and my girlfriend just started on Lost Odyssey.

wat. I'd assume since BD is kinda old you'd have finished it by now lol.

BD is such a good game, took me 100 hours to finish with every side quest. Managed to get 975/1000 gamerscore. It is one of those few games that achievements really add to the game.

89+ Hours into Blue Dragon....650+ Gamerscore, and about 5hrs away from being 900+/1000, as I have 2 more Shadows to max class, 1 level-up away from the level 99 achievement. I split time between Eternal Sonata and Mass Effect once they came out. I don't get enough time to play, which is why BD still hasn't been beaten yet. 

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Actually seeing the support the wii has been getting from japan lately, I could expect alot more rpgs announced for the wii than both of the other consoles. For now though the 360 is the best choice for home  console rpgs. Ds pwns everything. I have over 20 ds rpgs on my list for must buys.

DS has two good RPGs out at the moment. Seriously.

Is Enchanted Arms any good? I'm leaning towards picking up a copy.

@Shameless

FF3 Remake

FF4 remake

Pokemon Diamond

Pokemon Pearl

FF12: Revenant Wings

World ENds With You

& MANY more

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Shameless

FF3 Remake

FF4 remake

Pokemon Diamond

Pokemon Pearl

FF12: Revenant Wings

World ENds With You

& MANY more

Pokemon and The World Ends with You. FF12: RW is terrible and FF3 is a port. FF4 isn't out yet over here.