By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft unveiling new 360 RPGs next week in Japan

Namco, SE, and Microsoft are the third parties.  Hopefully, Mistwalker is included under Microsoft and Cry On will be talked about. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:

Namco, SE, and Microsoft are the third parties. Hopefully, Mistwalker is included under Microsoft and Cry On will be talked about.

When does it start?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

It's going on right now. ToV got a release date (Aug. 7, 2008). I'm following the GAF thread.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Star Ocean 4 announced for 360.

Thats it Im buying a 360. Screw you Sony, You cant hold games for shit.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

go here for live updates from IGN

Around the Network

So it looks like the news is:

- Tales of Vesperia dated for Japan Aug. 7 (will also be a ToV 360 bundle for Japan)
- Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope coming out in 2009 for the 360
- Infinite Undiscovery dated for North America (9/2), Europe (9/5), Japan (9/11) and Asia (9/11)
- Last Remnant will get a simultaneous Xbox 360 release and a PS3 one later.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
So it looks like the news is:

- Tales of Vesperia dated for Japan Aug. 7 (will also be a ToV 360 bundle for Japan)
- Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope coming out in 2009 for the 360
- Infinite Undiscovery dated for North America (9/2), Europe (9/5), Japan (9/11) and Asia (9/11)
- Last Remnant will get a simultaneous Xbox 360 release and a PS3 one later.

- however, it is in 2009 for Europe
- Great news for all
- but the US and EU dates are shipment dates apparantly
- No details have been announced of when the PS3 release is, apart from that it is after the 360 one

darthdevidem01 said:
@Riachu

is it me or do western media score shooters higher than Famitsu..

You do seem quite testy. Walk into a MGS4 spoiler you didn't want to see?

I would note the Shin Megami Tensei game was mentioned only very breifly, and was assumed to be Persona 4 until Persona 4 showed up on PS2.

It might not even be in the works anymore since we've seen nothing about it since. Or even heard anything about it.

I mean the last news IGN has listed for it is 2005.

3 years without any info...

I think they might of just given up on it and went the PS2 route. 

I don´t care on which HD platform jRPGs get published, all I want is to be able to play SO4 and ToV approximately at the same time as japanese and americans. I don´t want to have to wait a year or so like in the past.

memory2zack said:
I don´t care on which HD platform jRPGs get published, all I want is to be able to play SO4 and ToV approximately at the same time as japanese and americans. I don´t want to have to wait a year or so like in the past.

Square enix are moving towards more like WW releases, with Infinite Undisovery coming simultaneously as with the Last Remnant. Anyway, on PS3, we can just import it from the US