By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft unveiling new 360 RPGs next week in Japan

@starcraft

its been known since a long time....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

as there is a PS3 exclusive Atlus are making....its definetely Shin Megami Tensei as that series sells the most in Japan....no-one in their right minds would put it on 360.

You do know that there was a Shin Megami Tensei game that was put on the Original Xbox in Japan by Atlus, right?

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/n/nine/details.page/

Of course there is the possibility that a Shin Megami Tensei game could end up on the 360.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

starcraft said:
Riachu said:

Is it me or do Famitsu seem to score JRPGs higher than the Western media?

They do.

Why do the Japanese love JRPGs more than Western gamers do?

@smbu

I mean the main one

Riachu said:
starcraft said:
Riachu said:

They do.

I don't know really.  Many JRPG's, including final fantasy, now sell as well in the West as they do in Japan.  Unfortunately, Western reviewers at large have never seemed to warm to JRPG's unique sensibilities.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

as there is a PS3 exclusive Atlus are making....its definetely Shin Megami Tensei as that series sells the most in Japan....no-one in their right minds would put it on 360.

You do know that there was a Shin Megami Tensei game that was put on the Original Xbox in Japan by Atlus, right?

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/n/nine/details.page/

Of course there is the possibility that a Shin Megami Tensei game could end up on the 360.

I think the Xbox 360 will see a whole lot more third party Japanese support this gen than people thought.  Not necessarily exclusive support, but strong support nonetheless.

Wait, what do I mean "will?"  It already is. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Riachu said:
starcraft said:
Riachu said:

They do.

I don't know really. Many JRPG's, including final fantasy, now sell as well in the West as they do in Japan. Unfortunately, Western reviewers at large have never seemed to warm to JRPG's unique sensibilities.

A lot of them don't have terribly interesting stories so that probably has something to do with it.  FF and SO so seem to be just as popular here as in Japan.  On the other hand, DQ(and Tales) is more popular in Japan and KH is more popular in the US

darthdevidem01 said:
Oh and one more thing

MR Stickball..

I never said LO was crap....but people here who claim its as good as FF10 are really stupid

Oh come on now, seriously?

FF4 and 6 > Lost Odyssey

But FF10?  Really?  Not just the worst Final Fantasy in the entire series, but one of the worst RPGs I had the displeasure of playing on my ps2. 

@sansui

well thats your opinion...not shared by the majority I'm afraid (FF7 fans)

FF6 is greater than anything created by man

but calling FF10 bad is not correct

FF10 was the 2nd best FF ever...

Why are you people arguing over opinions?....I´m starting to think I´m on GameFaqs here XD

Oh, and I really really want FF6 to be remade.