By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NHL: 2008-2009 Offseason Thread

^^

damn your right, i forgot Phoenix got Jokinen

Phoenix is my fav team. Maybe they can do something this year.

Around the Network

Emery's now a UFA..........bought out. Is anyone going to take a flyer on this locker room headache? I bet a desperate team will sign him for a year.

Canucks claim Wellwood.......not a high profile player by any means........but if he can get healthy, a solid depth pickup

Say hello to Wellwood, your next Chouinard. Or Ritchie. Or Rucinsky. Or Sanderson.

Canucks get a guy or two like this every year. Your average 2nd - 4th liner, and he turns out to do jack shit. I have no expectations for him whatsoever.

On to Montreal, I am not very happy with the trade for Tanguay. Tanguay is passed his prime at a young age, and is now an average 2nd liner. Montreal doesn't need a 2nd liner, we have enough people to take those spots and many young guys coming up. Montreal either needs a 1st line superstar, or defense. Tanguay hogs the spot unworthingly, and is a ridiculous 5m towards the cap. Defenitly not worth a 1st + 2nd rounder, but then again, Montreal doesn't need any more young players.

Aj_habfan said:
Say hello to Wellwood, your next Chouinard. Or Ritchie. Or Rucinsky. Or Sanderson.

Canucks get a guy or two like this every year. Your average 2nd - 4th liner, and he turns out to do jack shit. I have no expectations for him whatsoever.

Ritchie/Chouinard/Rucinsky/Sanderson is no different from Johnson/Smolinski/Briesbois/Rivers/Niinimaa......every team gets players like this.

And congratulations on Tanguay.......in a few months the bashing of Ryder will seem like gentle joking next to the the Tanguay bashing.

Around the Network

Damn, the Oilers are improving their team by trading instead of free agency.........Visnovsky, Cole and Brule so far........whose next?

Perry's resigned..........5yrs/26M. Good signing for the Ducks, at a fair price for both parties. I wonder if any big names will sign today/tonight?

Hmm, Theodore to Washington.......unexpected........I thought that they woulda signed Huet instead.

CuJo back to Toronto.......1 yr/700k good pickup.

"Toronto signs UFA defenceman Jeff Finger to a 4 year deal worth $3.5-million a season"- tsn.ca...........if that's true, and not a typo, then that's ridiculous. Toronto's just going to screw themselves over with this. Finger's an all right player.........but 3.5M/per.....damn.

Toronto now has a good back-up. It'll be interesting to see how Vesa Toskala does next year as the full-time starter. The biggest piece of news i'm waiting on is where Brian Campbell goes. Hopefully he'll stay in Sharks Territory.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

The Blackhawk's signed Goalie Huet -

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242185&lid=sublink03&lpos=headlines_nhl

terms of the deal weren't announced

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII