By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat Vs. Street Fighter

nextgreatchamp said:
Kasz216 said:
Well the game I played where they fought each other Mortal Kombat often won because they all dealt more damage.

However the Ryu character always beat them due to superior AI.

what game was that? i must have missed it. but mk does have more damage with their moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iYCTwfwi7w&feature=related

It's some PC engine where you can upload fighting characters that people make to it. My one friend had it. It's not even a piracy issue since the official Capcom and SNK stances are like that of "fan use" or something.

No clue how Midway feels about it though.

Had some awesome Ryu vs Terry Bogard fights on that thing.

You can self balance the characters and everything too. The whole thing seems weird though... I think there is somethign wrong with distributing the engine... or something don't really remember. Just remember that you had to watch out for virus... and that one time when we were looking we couldn't find a normal rainbow mika... but could find a naked one... which... eh.

Just ain't happenin. 

Around the Network

Street Fighter, because it has better characters and doesnt have the most annoying intentional spelling mistake in gaming history

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Mortal Kombat 2 would kick street fighter 2's ass I think...but alpha and street fighter 3 would beat up anything mortal kombat series has ever produced.

Mortal Kombat was always a one trick pony. We tolerated the below average combat because, back then, the fatalities were so innovative and badass. Now, MK games don't hold a candle to the Street Fighter series.

......and then, I watched the video.

Street Fighter characters fight to win. Mortal Kombat Karacters fight to the death! Tough call, but I'm partial to Street Fighter.

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
Street Fighter, because it has better characters and doesnt have the most annoying intentional spelling mistake in gaming history

Uh.  What about Dogz and Catz.. etc.

I'm better at Street Fighter so I'll say Street Fighter. I have no concrete proof to back this up though. I really hope the new Street Fighter is good.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

awesome vids ...I would also say street fighter would win . Ken, Guile, Akuma and Fei-Long being my favs. Tho Raiden is god of thunder hard call.....

SF wins by a long combo

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

i never liked mortal kombat maybe because i never learned how to do the fatalities, street fighter is just better franchise all round with better characters better fighting system and better animation.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434