By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Its True Metal Gear bundle did kill amazon!!!!

Metal Gear bundle kills amazon.com [Update]

Well, good job folks. We told you that amazon.com would sell the Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB bundle today. And you all listened. Thousands of you swarmed the site, got rid of their inventory in seven minutes, and best of all -- you killed amazon.com.

Demand for the Metal Gear bundle was so high, that the popular online retailer simply couldn't handle the traffic. If this is the fervor in just one store, imagine how well the bundles are going to sell when they release nationwide next Thursday.

Update: GameStop.com is selling 80GB bundles, but you are forced to buy the questionable Bluetooth headset. The total cost? $560.

Update: Well, it's finally back.
point is tho this game better sell a billion or this means nuthin to me lol.

Around the Network

LOL, Amazon's infrastructure sucks balls if a PS3 bundle took it down.

Apparently the site was hit with a bot attack. PS3 fanboys just latched onto it going down and said TEH DOMINATIONZ BEGINZ!!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but some blogger on PS3 fanboy isn't much proof.

I think the story here is the inventory disappeared in a couple of minutes. I was stalking the site, I saw when the bundles became available, had to move away from the computer for a while when I came back it was all gone. Like an hour later, the site was down.

Around the Network

Starcraft, if you aren't a 360 fanboy, IDK who is

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Starcraft, if you aren't a 360 fanboy, IDK who is

Judging from his profile and his sony selective whatever crap, he might not be a 360 fanboy just somebody with nothing better to do than bash PS3 supporters and anything positive for Sony.  It entertaining for now since he does have a point often about the PS3 and all it's problems.  I was and still am disappointed with the direction Sony took the PS3.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Yeah. MGS crashed the site despite things have sold out faster at a higher volume having no effect.

I mean... use the slightest bit of common sense.

I see no proof whatsoever that it was caused by MGS4.

And I agree Kasz.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

They were having problem on their server. Some of the games went completely missing (Which were re-added with some new ASIN). MGS4 just happened to be riding the wave.