By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Sacred 2 Information (Looking VERY awesome!)

Quote:
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is big. If you were to walk from one end of Ancaria to the other, without stopping to collect gold, talk to villagers, or slay pesky goblins, it would take six hours. There are 22 square miles of forest, desert, tundra, volcano, swamp, and island to explore, and that's not even counting the vast network of underground dungeons inhabited by giant monsters that fill your entire screen. Yes, size is important to publisher CDV, as it looks to create an action role-playing game so massive that it will break free of its PC roots and entice console players to get in on the hack-and-slash action made famous by Diablo.

Quote:
We had only about an hour with the game, so we didn't have enough time to guide the shadow warrior back to the afterlife, but we do know that the six classes' campaigns will take roughly 25 hours to finish each, and that's without playing the hundreds of extra side quests. We did have enough time, however, to summon a pair of skeletal undead warriors to our side in battle to beat up on lowly goblins.

Quote:
CDV describes Sacred 2 as being "as close as you can get to an MMO without being an MMO." What that means is that 16 players on the PC or four players on Xbox Live can drop seamlessly into a campaign to play with friends. The enemy AI will automatically increase in difficulty depending on the size of the party, to keep things fair. Because 22 square miles is a lot of ground to cover, you can click on a friend's icon and warp to his or her location immediately. There's also a player-versus-player arena and a player-versus-environment mode, and all statistics earned there will carry over to your character in the campaign, and vice versa.

Tech Warrior - 1 of the 6 classes in the game.

Maybe it's just me, but the game looks to be coming along very nicely. Seems like it will complement Too Human, and be the ARPG that Two Worlds should of been.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Nice! Im glad its an Xbox360 exclusive. I played Sacred 1, pretty cool game IMO.

I hope they sell 2,000,000+ to encourage more of these games.

Tease.

mrstickball said:

Quote:
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is big. If you were to walk from one end of Ancaria to the other, without stopping to collect gold, talk to villagers, or slay pesky goblins, it would take six hours. There are 22 square miles

Is the character extremely slow, or is the world something like 22mi x 1mi?  I suppose they could mean in game hours.  Anyways, sounds pretty interesting.

Mother of God. That looks amazing. I'm adding this game to the spiel I give whenever someone says the 360 has no RPG's. When is it due out?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Squilliam said:
Nice! Im glad its an Xbox360 exclusive. I played Sacred 1, pretty cool game IMO.

I hope they sell 2,000,000+ to encourage more of these games.
Sacred 2 can(and probably will) sell that much(or more) since the original sold 1.8 million copies.  FYI, it is also coming to the PC.

Around the Network

WoW. x360 you can pump out good games lol.
On a true note this game look great man, i would deffo get it if i never sold me x360

Yea it looks good, no doubt about it. The size of the world is pretty good as well. They should increase the online size to 8 for Xbox. More people = more fun, right?!

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Looks good, but I wasn't a huge fan of the first sacred. That said, 16 player online campaign sounds very cool. Also glad to hear that there is actual diversity to their large world (unlike Oblivion's shitty world).   Every day I'm happier that I upgraded my PC this gen lol.

Its coming out on PC and also on the 360. Game is fun but no where as intense as Diablo, Titan Quest and Fate. Combat is not a clickfest, uses somekind of dice throw system to damage calculation.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Ah yes, but we don't know how Sacred 2 is going to change the combat and such.

Either way, it looks like a must-have for sandbox RPG lovers. Can't wait for this one..Hopefully it sells 1m+ on the 360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.