By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boycott Square Enix! or "Why are SE's games so expensive?"

Which provides more value? -insert any Wii casual/party/shoverware game- or a remake of a classic such as FF6 that sells for well over a hundred on Ebay and is extremely hard to come by?

Around the Network

It's the summer. Go run a lemonade stand, mow someones yard or something. Make some money. It has been really hot outside lately. Wait that requires you to go outside. Just a thought.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
It's the summer. Go run a lemonade stand, mow someones yard or something. Make some money. It has been really hot outside lately. Wait that requires you to go outside. Just a thought.

A major oversight!

I should get TWEWY soon. Heard it was awesome. I don't care if it is $40.

kingofwale said:
lol, here's your choice.

get good game from SE for 40 bucks, or get crapware for 20 bucks.

your choice.

I saw a bunch of $20 DS games(Elite Beat Agents) I would rather have than 99% of the PSP library.

But besides that, there are 100's of great $30-$40 range DS games.

Around the Network

In Europe we pay 39,99 Euros for all handheld games. SE makes remakes, Konami, Capcom, EA and many many more. Lately Nippon Ichi revealed Disgaea for DS that has already been released for psp and its actually a port of a ps2 game. Why don´ßt you moan about that?

FFT was never released in Europe, neither SO1&2 and VP: Lenneth. It´s a pretty good deal to get to play these games for us Europeans.

Garcian Smith said:
The reason why most European countries charge more for luxury goods is because of super-high taxes. Gotta' support those universal health care systems somehow! ;)

Anyway, Square can get away with it because people will buy their games anyway. They're just playing the market and laughing all the way to the bank as they continue to profit off of 15 year old games.

You need to look into these things, because you're talking gibberish.

A few weeks back, rockband thought it could rip European gamers off by asking 240 euros for the complete game, while Americans only pay 169 dollars (which is 107 euros), and they explained it with "yeah, taxes, import".

Research showed that import and taxes were negligable and that they only charged such a price because they know we usually pay a higher price anyway.  Games that sell for 60 dollars get sold for 60 euros here, just because they know we can afford it.

So "taxes for luxury items" = bogus

I'll think of you, next time I'm in the store, while you're praying that your insurance covers your medical expenses and you have to wait in line for 14 years before you can get your cough drops...(see how narrow-minded, uninformed posts work?) 

lol I didn't recognise soriku because of that avatar.

memory2zack said:
In Europe we pay 39,99 Euros for all handheld games. SE makes remakes, Konami, Capcom, EA and many many more. Lately Nippon Ichi revealed Disgaea for DS that has already been released for psp and its actually a port of a ps2 game. Why don´ßt you moan about that?

FFT was never released in Europe, neither SO1&2 and VP: Lenneth. It´s a pretty good deal to get to play these games for us Europeans.

Didn't you guys get Lenneth last year?  SO1 was never release outside of Japan so getting a remake here in the US and Europe will make fans of the series happy.  I am pretty sure SO2 was indeed released in Europe as well as America.  I am looking forward to play the remakes since I only played SO3.

VP was released last year on psp, never on psone though. Yeah, SO2 was indeed released in Europe, my bad. I never played the first two.