By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii beating Brawl for sure?

Mario Kart will probably outsell SSBB since it has a wider focused appeal, but you can't be sure until you see the effect Smash's release in Europe will have.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I don't know really.. For the Gamecube, sales of Mario Kart Double Dash and Super Smash Brothers Melee are about even... although the Wii has much broader appeal so I'd give the slight edge to MKW.

For the GC smash deserved its lead. As for MKWii my God it's a beast of a game. Addictive as hell. I haven't really touched brawl apart from a few matches with my cousin. Mario Kart is that good and I think the sales will reflect this.

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

I don't know, I think SSBB appeals to everyone too. It will definitively be close in the end, within a million of each other.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Mario kart wii will beat brawl.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Around the Network

I think that MK will beat SSBB in the long run.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

For those quoting Gamecube sales: A launch game, or game close to launch, has been the sales leader for every Nintendo home console, ever. Not only that, but Double Dash launched two years later than Melee.

Mario Kart Wii will be the victor easily. Its long term appeal will show. Brawl looks strong now, but it won't have legs like Mario Kart.

MK Wii will win for sure. No question about it. None.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Yea agree MK Wii for sure ...better online support and the channel with added features tourneys keep people interested.

MKWii is excellent.

I think it will probably have sold more than SSBB (again, as it will be above it next week but EU launch will counteract that) by the end of the year.

If not then though it is pretty certain to sell more in the end, I don't understand why anyone should think otherwise.