By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does smg beat every last gen game in graphics?

trestres said:
@Griffin: You can't judge the MP games by screenshots, which btw look considerably better for the Wii. When you play the GC oens and the Wii one you will see that theres a big change in graphic quality overall, in every aspect.

I've seen and played parts of all the MP games on the GC and wii, i'm not going off just screenshots.  And my minds made up about them, no amount of screenshots or videos of the games posted in this thread will ever change my mind.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
ArtofAngels said:
Wow, I can't believe people are trying to compare SMG to old last gen games in graphics, SMG is light years ahead of the original Xbox, I think it's safe to say that the best game graphics wise on the Wii is better then the worst graphic games on the 360.

I bet if SMG was on the 360 it would still get an okay grade in the graphics department.

I agree, but the worst graphics on the Wii looks worse then the best graphics on a PS1 game, so that's not a very good argument.

ROFL, Are you kidding me? Have you forgotten what PS1 games looked like?

And my argument was fine, because SMG and last gen was what we were comparing.

NOW THE TOPIC OF THE TREAD WAS "Does SMG look better then EVERYGAME last gen:
(yes you rocketpig) the answer is a safe HELL no.... NGB character models kill SMG. GT4 is just awesome.... timesplitters looks the same if not better then Metriod (hell metriod 2 looks almost as good)

and WE ARE DONE HERE THANK YOU!!!!!

Griffin said:
sc94597 said:
Griffin said:
I'm not too sure any game last gen does what SMG does, but if you compare different genres then wii still can't top last gen. MP3 is comparable to any of the FPS games listed in this thread, if not worst looking then that black image on this page. No character models on the wii have topped that ninja Gaiden game. And racing games on the wii have yet to top what last gen brought to the table.

Um sorry but here are a few character model rivaling ninja gaidens.

See More Super Mario Galaxy Various at IGN.com

Look at the high polygon, fur shaders, and detailed textures.

See More Super Smash Bros. Brawl Screenshot at IGN.com

Again look at the shaders, textures, and polygon count.

There have been no racing sims on the wii so I don't know where you get this from.

Alright show me some fpses that look beter than metroid prime 3.

There are over 30 racing games on the wii so i think we can compare the line-up so far.  Its also too hard to compare a giant bee with bugs in her crotch or an ape to NG.  And the Human characters in the Brawl game don't stack up to NG.

Um none of them as big as grand turismo or high budget.

Still beter character models. You ask for better character models I gave them to you,

Hey but if you want human characters here you go. 

Can we stop this three stooges picture posting please?

SMG > every platformer or game with a similar visual style last gen

MP3 > every FPS last gen

Brawl = DOA Ultimate

Conclusion: In answer to the question in the thread title - yes.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
trestres said:
@Griffin: You can't judge the MP games by screenshots, which btw look considerably better for the Wii. When you play the GC oens and the Wii one you will see that theres a big change in graphic quality overall, in every aspect.

I've seen and played parts of all the MP games on the GC and wii, i'm not going off just screenshots.  And my minds made up about them, no amount of screenshots or videos of the games posted in this thread will ever change my mind.

I've beaten bot games over 8 times and I think I should know what they look like.

sc94597 said:
Griffin said:
sc94597 said:
Griffin said:
I'm not too sure any game last gen does what SMG does, but if you compare different genres then wii still can't top last gen. MP3 is comparable to any of the FPS games listed in this thread, if not worst looking then that black image on this page. No character models on the wii have topped that ninja Gaiden game. And racing games on the wii have yet to top what last gen brought to the table.

Um sorry but here are a few character model rivaling ninja gaidens.

See More Super Mario Galaxy Various at IGN.com

Look at the high polygon, fur shaders, and detailed textures.

See More Super Smash Bros. Brawl Screenshot at IGN.com

Again look at the shaders, textures, and polygon count.

There have been no racing sims on the wii so I don't know where you get this from.

Alright show me some fpses that look beter than metroid prime 3.

There are over 30 racing games on the wii so i think we can compare the line-up so far.  Its also too hard to compare a giant bee with bugs in her crotch or an ape to NG.  And the Human characters in the Brawl game don't stack up to NG.

Um none of them as big as grand turismo or high budget.

Still beter character models. You ask for better character models I gave them to you,

Hey but if you want human characters here you go. 

hahahah i dont think u have ever played a tenchu game if u think thats better the ninja gaiden LOL ANYWAY NOW U PUT BUDGET into this LMAO!!! sad bro...there are a couple of games that look better on last gen systems ....

speaking of models

See More Dead or Alive Ultimate Various at IGN.com

Dno said:
(yes you rocketpig) the answer is a safe HELL no.... NGB character models kill SMG. GT4 is just awesome.... timesplitters looks the same if not better then Metriod (hell metriod 2 looks almost as good)

LOL, typical answer from losers, never gonna accept defeat. Not that I was competing with you, but pretty much everyone in this thread proved you wrong, so yes, you are being a bad loser.

@Griffin: It seems you didn't pay attention to the graphics on MP3, they look WAY better than MP2, plus it's 480p in 16:9.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

sc94597 said:
Griffin said:
trestres said:

I've seen and played parts of all the MP games on the GC and wii, i'm not going off just screenshots. And my minds made up about them, no amount of screenshots or videos of the games posted in this thread will ever change my mind.

I've beaten bot games over 8 times and I think I should know what they look like.

I never said you don't know what they look like. I'm also pretty sure you can see the difference you are talking about.  But i can't see the difference no matter what, and there are many other people who share my view.  

And the character models in that last picture you posted are too blurry and i can't make them. 

trestres said:
Dno said:

LOL, typical answer from losers, never gonna accept defeat. Not that I was competing with you, but pretty much everyone in this thread proved you wrong, so yes, you are being a bad loser.

@Griffin: It seems you didn't pay attention to the graphics on MP3, they look WAY better than MP2, plus it's 480p in 16:9.

dude shhhhhhhhhhhhhh please.... and read........ hes giving excuses.... thats defeat... where did i lose? explain?