By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TheRealMafoo said:
Munkeh111 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Garcian Smith said:

A fair enough list (if you include Munkeh111's updates). As for the last line, I will finish it for you.

Notable multiplatform games that are better on PS3 than X360: Oblivion, Dirt, DMC4, Burnout Paradise, CoD4 online play, GTA4 (all be it without the future dlc).

With that said, the list of games better on the 360 is a lot longer then the list you provided. madden and Rainbow 6 both come to mind right off.

The problem with many of those is that the differences are only arguable differences, whereas the differences in the 360's favour are far greater

Well, I kind of agree. The delta between them is greater, but if you bought the worst one (Orange Box on the PS3), and played it, you would get the same level of enjoyment, so I am not sure any of the differences really matter. It's really just for bragging rights.

Well I have the orange box, and it doesn't seem to be awful, then again it is my brothers game, and he has not played it that much

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:

@ TheRealMafoo: It's not just for bragging rights. Without going into the whole "graphics as enjoyment" issue too deeply, I'll just say that purely graphical issues do matter, especially when the differences are as stark as, say, those in Lost Planet's case. As for The Orange Box, the issues aren't purely skin-deep; the PS3 port also suffers from longer load times, framerate stuttering issues, and smaller technical issues in Team Fortress 2.

We are all game geeks here, and while we can find 50 things better about the orange box for the 360, if joe gamer were to buy one or the other, he would find just as much fun in playing them.

The load times are worse, but not so much worse that the game becomes less fun.

The game is awesome, and it's awesomeness overshadows any faults it has on the PS3.

What's sad, is discussions like this that might sway a PS3 only owner away from the game because they think it must suck on the PS3.

Every multi-plat game I can think of, regardless of what version is "better", is the general equal experience on both platforms. If you were going to like the game on the PS3 or 360, you will like the game on the other console.

To give a good example of this, I enjoyed the orange box very much on the 360, and I have it for the PC. There is not a single category where the PC version does not outclass the 360 version, and yet I enjoyed the 360 version just as much.

The delta between the PC and the 360 version is far greater then the delta between the 360 version and the PS3 version.

Except I'm clearly addressing an audience of "gaming geeks," thus why I felt the need to point it out.

Also, while the PC version may be capable of a higher resolution and have different (I won't say better, since some people prefer dual-analog over kb/mouse) controls, the 360 version runs smooth as silk and has respectable loading times. Really, there's almost no difference between them in terms of overall "goodness."

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Except I'm clearly addressing an audience of "gaming geeks," thus why I felt the need to point it out.

Also, how exactly does the PC version outclass the 360 version, aside from being capable of a higher resolution?

Some people prefer PC controls?

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
To give a good example of this, I enjoyed the orange box very much on the 360, and I have it for the PC. There is not a single category where the PC version does not outclass the 360 version, and yet I enjoyed the 360 version just as much.

The delta between the PC and the 360 version is far greater then the delta between the 360 version and the PS3 version.

Weren't you the guy that just recently claimed that modern games always give a better expierence then older games because of the differences in thing such as graphics.

The fact that such big graphical differences didn't change your enjoyment of Orange Box pretty much blows up your entire past arguement.

Guess it's different when playing down technical flaws helps Ps3. 

Garcian Smith said:
Also, while the PC version may be capable of a higher resolution and have different (I won't say better, since some people prefer dual-analog over kb/mouse) controls, the 360 version runs smooth as silk and has respectable loading times. Really, there's almost no difference between them in terms of overall "goodness."

Ok, you can't have it both ways. Technical improvements means better gaming experience or it doesn't.

You can't say it does with 360 vs PS3, but is meaningless between PC vs 360. Plus, you can play the PC version with a 360 controller if you like (no clue why you would).

As for what I bolded, I agree... just like there is no real difference between the 360 and PS3 in terms of "goodness".

Kasz216 said:

Weren't you the guy that just recently claimed that modern games always give a better expierence then older games because of the differences in thing such as graphics.

The fact that such big graphical differences didn't change your enjoyment of Orange Box pretty much blows up your entire past arguement.

I am not sure where I said that, but I generally agree, so I probably did. The orange box on the PS3 is modern. If it was the only version on the game, people would be praising it. There is a difference between minor anomalies between the same game, and the orange box compared to something like OoT visuals.

TheRealMafoo said:
Kasz216 said:

I am not sure where I said that, but I generally agree, so I probably did. The orange box on the PS3 is modern. If it was the only version on the game, people would be praising it. There is a difference between minor anomalies between the same game, and the orange box compared to something like OoT visuals.

Except the anomalies aren't "minor." In fact, they're enough that the PS3 version was given an 8-9% lower composite score on Gamerankings than its 360 brother. 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:

Except the anomalies aren't "minor." In fact, they're enough that the PS3 version was given an 8-9% lower composite score on Gamerankings than its 360 brother. 

And if you used the same measuring stick, (load times, frame rates, visual quality), the 360 version would be equally lower then the PC version.

people don't rate games with PC vs 360 in mind however.