By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

buy the 200€ console and wait for the 400€ console to drop to 200€ so that you pay the same price and have fun with both consoles....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
buy the 200€ console and wait for the 400€ console to drop to 200€ so that you pay the same price and have fun with both consoles....

Nice logic, I like it.  I need a blu-ray player and Walmart is about to offer $100 gift cards with the purchase of one.  Does anyone know if this applies to the PS3?

Basing a console decision on one game is very bad. Halo 3 while good it isn't anything special, FFXIII might have the same fate, might not. You need to look at the games in the immediate future and current games. Also do you want to have to pay for an online access? Or would you rather it be free? Do you care for HD movies? Etc, etc. Base your decision of many things not games, I guarantee you will be disappointed if you decide to spend 400 or 500 $$ due to a single piece of software you will be disappointed.

Asking in these forums is also an iffy feat. With the amount of hardcore fanboys you're going to get a massive amount of heavily biased responses as you can see in this thread.

FF XIII is a JRPG and Halo 3 is a FPS. Two completely different games. Not a fair comparison. I do not think Halo 3 will be ported to PC.

FF XIII compared to Lost Odyssey is a better comparison both are JRPG games and exclusive for their respective consoles. FF series more popular and FF XIII will sell millions more and get better reviews (90%). Lost Odyssey sold measly numbers but had good review scores around 80% average.

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
CAL4M1TY said:

Do you prefer Ninja Gaiden, Fable, Bioshock and Mass Effect or do you prefer God of War, Killzone 2, MGS4 and LBP?

All those are PC games as well. (Fable 2 will be exclusive if that's what you mean).

Has the OP actually said he has a gaming computer?  OR that he would like to engage in the somewhat less sociable arena of PC gameplay?

None of those games are online. If you read my above posts, I said i would not buy either, I would put the money towards a PC upgrade. If he did that, all the 360's great games (other then Halo3, LO, and Forza) can be played. And also it allows for the thousands of PC games that are not on any console to be played.

PC gaming is better then Console gaming. Where console gaming wins, is cost. Right now, that is not an advantage to console gaming. 

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Good/Hyped 360 games coming:

-Tales of Vesperia
-Infinite Undiscovery
-Too Human
-GeoW2
-The Last Remnant (on PS3 also)-Ninja Gaiden 2 (already out though)

Good/Hyped PS3 games coming:

-FF XIII
-FF Versus XIII
-MGS4
-White Knight Chronicles
-LBP
-KZ2 (depending on if you want tp hype it or not)
-The Last Remnant (also on 360)

I gave a brief list. Which is better?
Blashphemy.  How did Fable 2 not make your 360 list?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I though (well I have been told by a few people) that Call of Duty 4 is better than Halo 3, and obviously that is avaliable for both. Anyway, by the time FF XIII is released, CoD 6 will also be there

With all this comparison of exclusives, we are all forgetting is that FF XIII will not come out until 2009, and we barely know the line-ups for that year. (well, Uncharted 2, next Ratchet, KZ2, infamous, GT 5 and God of War III are all coming to PS3, but only Alan Wake, Halo Wars and Halo Chronicles for 360 thus far)

Never buy a console for future games. Look only at the present. If a console isn't worth it now, then either wait to buy it until a sufficient number of good games come out, or don't at all. Those future games could turn out to be mediocre or just bad, or they could be canceled, or whatever.

With that in mind, here's where the two HD consoles currently stand. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from it.

Notable X360 Exclusives: Halo 3; Forza 2; PGR 4; DoA 4; Dead Rising; Crackdown; Ninja Gaiden 2; Saints Row; Ace Combat 6; Kameo; Eternal Sonata; Lost Odyssey
Notable X360 Console Exclusives (Also appear on PC): Bioshock; Gears of War; Mass Effect; Tom Clancy's GRAW; Call of Duty 2; Viva Pinata; Condemned
Notable XBLA Exclusives: N+; Pac-Man Championship Edition; Marble Blast Ultra; Cloning Clyde; Switchball; Undertow; Assault Heroes 1 & 2; A whole bunch of board and card games
Other Notable Games/Versions That Don't Appear on PS3: Bully: Scholarship Edition; Rockstar Games Table Tennis; Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved; Rez HD; Ikaruga; Doom XBLA; Alien Hominid HD
Notable multiplatform games that are better on X360 than PS3: The Orange Box (Technical problems on PS3); Splinter Cell Double Agent (Not as graphically proficient); F.E.A.R. (Technical problems on PS3); Lost Planet (PS3 version graphically inferior)

Notable PS3 Exclusives: Metal Gear Solid 4 (Might as well include this); Uncharted; Ratchet & Clank: ToD; Resistance: FoM; Motorstorm; Hot Shots Golf; Heavenly Sword; GT5: Prologue; SingStar
Notable PS3 Console Exclusives: Unreal Tournament 3
Notable PSN Downloadable Exclusives: Super Stardust HD; Warhawk; PixelJunk Monsters; Everyday Shooter; Calling All Cars
Other Notable Games/Versions That Don't Appear on X360: Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Notable multiplatform games that are better on PS3 than X360: None that I can think of

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

@ garcian, you can hardly enjoy Saints Row, GRAW or Call of Duty 2, all have been superceded (even if it GTA IV that beat Saints Row), ME should be listed as a console exclusive