By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "Only geeks want storage on the Wii"

Yeah, is he completely retarded? Wait, yes.

"We firmly beleive that those who are taking full advantage of our enormous and still growing collection of classic gaming titles, optional Wii channels and innovative Wii Ware titles are geeks and otaku when they desire the option to access more of them quicker - Paraphrased quote with normal PR saccachrine sweetness.

Let's translate that to truck!

"Hi, I represent Ford. Our customers who use our trucks to the highest capacity would like Ford to provide better torque in future models are just hillbillys and inbreds".

I mean, hell. If every single upper management member has meetings toasting that the people who are requesting assistance in what really appears to be a space demand oversight are just geeks, they don't tell the customers that. That's just ignant.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

(below considering the story to be true)

The interesting part is that this guy is from MARKETING. WHAT THE HELL of marketing is Nintendo of Europe doing? ¬¬"

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Is there a good source for this, and the actual quote instead of paraphrasing?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Tayne said:
I'm with Nintendo on this one. The only people I know that are complaining about storage are gaming mags/sites. The many people I know personally that own a Wii don't really give a damn, myself included.

The thing is, the people who have to deal with swapping/redownloading most often are doing so for one reason: they buy a lot of VC/WiiWare titles.  They're Nintendo's best customers, and now Nintendo needs to make it easy for them to continue to spend money.

I coult myself among this class of Wii gamer.  I've spent way too much time shuttling channels and data around, and I've had it.  I've deleted all I care to delete, and my Wii is now full.  Again.  I will not buy another title from the store until a mass storage solution is available, and I'm certainly not alone in that sentiment.

This is just basic business here... the easier you make it for people to buysomething, the more likely it is for them to do so.  Nintendo is aware of this rule, and will almost certainly remedy the situation.   I agree with the poster above who mentioned E3.  The size of WiiWare titles has prompted a flurry of discussion around this, and I think Nintendo would rather continue receiving my money — and the funds of my fellows — sooner than later.

There will be a solution don't worry, Nintendo of Japan has said so.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Glad I'm no geek, I don't give a rats about the WII storage as I have ... a SD card. And is it full, fine, I'll buy another one. It works fine with me.

And Nintendo has never been less arrogant than Sony...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Yep, that's some bad PR.

He's got his work cut out for him if he wants to catch Ubisoft, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Nintendo Defence Force.

If you really want to play X Wii Ware title, I think you'll find a work around.

Generally speaking, it seems that Nintendo's primary focus is in expanding its user base and broadest demographics.

In this instance, it is the core audience, theoretically the best and most supportive demographic, that is not priority one. There simply aren't enough Nintendo fans buying dozens of Wii titles to give them the same buying clout as all the non-core gamers who are providing Nintendo with its record breaking hardware sales figures.

Go to the Nintendo Channel and take a second look at their current advertising campaign focus. Where are the dollars being spent?

One spot with Liv Tyler for Brain Age 2
One with America Ferrera for New Super Mario Bros.
One with Carrie Underwood for Nintendogs

These are not new titles they're pushing. It's a specific demographic they are advertising to that does not include core gamers.

Who's playing Wii Fit? featuring two members of the U.S. Woman's National Soccer Team.

This is what will happen when a company's strength is quickly built upon the mass market rather than a core audience. And there is nothing wrong with this.

While it's probably not the best idea to insult your biggest fans, his words, unimportant as they may be to Nintendo at large (and probably uninformed if Nintendo does have a storage solution in the works), ring true: nobody but otaku and game geeks care about the storage issue as they seem to be the only ones squawking about it on the internet.

*~Onna76~* said:
Glad I'm no geek, I don't give a rats about the WII storage as I have ... a SD card. And is it full, fine, I'll buy another one. It works fine with me.

And Nintendo has never been less arrogant than Sony...

It's just that Nintendo learned not to let people know they are arrogant, while Sony flaunted it before the PS3 launched. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs