By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone here that boycotting Ubisoft was pointless/useless right now?

Why boycott all games it will be only for bad games and who make a point to buy bad games?.....

"Like you know"

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
yushire said:

Well its not that Ubi and other developers/publishers such as Namco, THQ, CAPCOM, Sierra and Konami in their gamer's day have good in store for the Wii anyway. Anyone noticed this pattern? Just recently CAPCOM only announced Spyborgs and Neopets puzzle game for the Wii while there are many games CAPCOM in stored in HD consoles same goes for the gamer's day of publishers mentioned in their gamer's day. Anyone suspicious on this?

Theres something these publishers wants to hold back on public seem wait till E3.

As much as I'd like that to be so, there is no proof, only an assumption. You can base hope on an assumption, but you can't prove people wrong on an assumption. That is the thing some of us are calling you on.

But thats what predictions are based on though, RIGHT? We would never know what Ninty or third party developers are thinking so we can assume things on this coming E3. And I have a gutt feeling about this since its too odd that 3rd party publishers not only Ubi gives us just only 2-3 games this coming year till next year. But if Im wrong then Im wrong but if Im correct my predictions are correct. 

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

rudyrsr8 said:
Why boycott all games it will be only for bad games and who make a point to buy bad games?.....
You're right on the money, this one sentence sums this whole thing up. Just buy the one you think was good thats all I can say... 

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
yushire said:

Well its not that Ubi and other developers/publishers such as Namco, THQ, CAPCOM, Sierra and Konami in their gamer's day have good in store for the Wii anyway. Anyone noticed this pattern? Just recently CAPCOM only announced Spyborgs and Neopets puzzle game for the Wii while there are many games CAPCOM in stored in HD consoles same goes for the gamer's day of publishers mentioned in their gamer's day. Anyone suspicious on this?

Theres something these publishers wants to hold back on public seem wait till E3.

As much as I'd like that to be so, there is no proof, only an assumption. You can base hope on an assumption, but you can't prove people wrong on an assumption. That is the thing some of us are calling you on.

But thats what predictions are based on though, RIGHT? We would never know what Ninty or third party developers are thinking so we can assume things on this coming E3. And I have a gutt feeling about this since its too odd that 3rd party publishers not only Ubi gives us just only 2-3 games this coming year till next year. But if Im wrong then Im wrong but if Im correct my predictions are correct. 

But you're insisting the boycott is stupid based on your prediction. I could understand asking for them to wait and see, but outright saying they are wrong right now just makes you look presumptive.

And BTW, the point of not buying the good games is because Ubisoft seems to think non-gamers will buy their bad games. Why refuse to buy games that are assumed to be bought by a different demographic? Part of the point of the boycott would be to insist even that demographic deserves better games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

In other related topic, bengabenga's new the week that was article was AWESOME! You should check that out ;)

No seriously... This boycott was pointless. Wii owners even non gamers arent dumb... They knew how bad the game was even they didnt read the reviews on gaming sites.

lets sum up what will happen but this is assumption:

What if Ubi announced NMH 2?
What if the prince of persia spinoff was actually a good game?
What if Timesplitters 4 will announced on the Wii exclusively?
What if Radical develop Red Steel 2 and its exclusive on the Wii?
What if Ubi published another mature japanese developed game?
What if Rayman raving Rabbids TV have great scores on gaming sites?
What if Shaun White snowboarding have good graphics and it have good reviews on gaming sites?

Dont let your fanboyism hinder you to enjoy a great game. Tenchu 4 will be a promising title and it will be published by Ubisoft. THATS IT. Just enjoy the damn game!

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

People are bloody flip floping like on the election. Personally i would like to see them not release tenchu 4 just to spite everyone. :P Nah i actually want them to release. It will fund my games hehehe.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

^^^

Need to create a sig just like that and dmeisterj's because its fun!

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Yushire stop bumping this old thread, the boycott week is over, and you should get over it too.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

yushire said:
In other related topic, bengabenga's new the week that was article was AWESOME! You should check that out ;)

No seriously... This boycott was pointless. Wii owners even non gamers arent dumb... They knew how bad the game was even they didnt read the reviews on gaming sites.

What if Shaun White snowboarding have good graphics and it have good reviews on gaming sites?

Dont let your fanboyism hinder you to enjoy a great game. Tenchu 4 will be a promising title and it will be published by Ubisoft. THATS IT. Just enjoy the damn game!

First of all, link to that article, or it didn't happen.

As for you "what ifs", they just show you didn't really understand the boycott in the first place. It was the LACK of ANY such thing that was upsetting us. Get that through your thick skull.

The point of a boycott is to make a company aware of a grievance. If it turned out the company was resolving it the whole time, it only means the boycott is moot, NOT that it is wrong, because the boycotters did not know it was moot until they are told.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
yushire said:

First of all, link to that article, or it didn't happen.

As for you "what ifs", they just show you didn't really understand the boycott in the first place. It was the LACK of ANY such thing that was upsetting us. Get that through your thick skull.

The point of a boycott is to make a company aware of a grievance. If it turned out the company was resolving it the whole time, it only means the boycott is moot, NOT that it is wrong, because the boycotters did not know it was moot until they are told.

OK THEN, ur the boss I hope you will succeed in your boycott I will remember this quote though: "Why would it be silly? Ubisoft have given no indication they are going to change this at E3 (I'm just waiting to make absolutely sure)."This topic is over atleast for me I dont want this thread into a flame war. Dont wanna post anymore on this thread...

E3 2010- Tape runs out