By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone here that boycotting Ubisoft was pointless/useless right now?

Ail said:
I still don't get how people speaking about boycotting games that are clearly not targeted at them are expected to achieve anything...

Thats what Im thinking too, if some gamer dont like a game just dont buy/play it and whine about it. 

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

i've never bought a Tenchu game in my life and wont buy this one

Me said:
i've never bought a Tenchu game in my life and wont buy this one
Its not the topic though... Its not about Tenchu IV 

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

seeing as though Ubisoft is publishing Tenchu and that is the only game that would vaguely appeal to me, as it's also the announcement of that game and ubi publishing it started these threads then i'm merely stating that if i'm not buying that game there's not a hope in hell of any other announced so far ubisoft game getting purchased by myself.

Me said:
seeing as though Ubisoft is publishing Tenchu and that is the only game that would vaguely appeal to me, as it's also the announcement of that game and ubi publishing it started these threads then i'm merely stating that if i'm not buying that game there's not a hope in hell of any other announced so far ubisoft game getting purchased by myself.
But there are gamers especially members here who likes Tenchu series though, but thanks anyway to keep this thread up... 

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

not only do I respect their opinion but I hope theyv enjoy their purchase choose not to support them no longer (that also goes for my other consoles) - at least not until they prove to me that they see the Wii as a viable gaming platform and not just a casual toy.

I really hope they prove me wrong by advertising Tenchu 4 as much as they did Haze or at least more than they did NMH as well as showcasing Red Steel 2 at E3 or coming into holiday season. My biggest nightmare though is Ubisoft ending up publishing The Conduit and owning the rights for the Engine.

^^^

I never thought ur in a ubisoft boycott bandwagon. And what if Ubi claim it? What will you do about it?

Why so much hate for Ubisoft anyway? Do u all really want to play generic FPS, Tom clancy games and WW2 shooters on the Wii? because thats the only games Ubisoft in stores in HD consoles anyway...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
^^^

I never thought ur in a ubisoft boycott bandwagon. And what if Ubi claim it? What will you do about it?

Why so much hate for Ubisoft anyway? Do u all really want to play generic FPS, Tom clancy games and WW2 shooters on the Wii? because thats the only games Ubisoft in stores in HD consoles anyway...

I think they'll also try to milk the Assasins Creed engine with the new POP and splinter cell.  They'll also make a franchise out of Assasins Creed, they seem to be trying to branch out the Tom Clancy brand name with Hawk being ace combat type flight game. 

But yeah I do think the time will come when Ubisoft have to address their Wii's direction as the Imagine games aren't selling as well as their DS counterparts.  I think there is a casual market for the Wii but i'm not so sure it's in full priced software - thats why Carnival Games picked up speed cos it was reduced in no time at all.  Game Party is on sale at my local Woolworths for £15.00.

Well its not that Ubi and other developers/publishers such as Namco, THQ, CAPCOM, Sierra and Konami in their gamer's day have good in store for the Wii anyway. Anyone noticed this pattern? Just recently CAPCOM only announced Spyborgs and Neopets puzzle game for the Wii while there are many games CAPCOM in stored in HD consoles same goes for the gamer's day of publishers mentioned in their gamer's day. Anyone suspicious on this?

Theres something these publishers wants to hold back on public seem wait till E3.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:

Well its not that Ubi and other developers/publishers such as Namco, THQ, CAPCOM, Sierra and Konami in their gamer's day have good in store for the Wii anyway. Anyone noticed this pattern? Just recently CAPCOM only announced Spyborgs and Neopets puzzle game for the Wii while there are many games CAPCOM in stored in HD consoles same goes for the gamer's day of publishers mentioned in their gamer's day. Anyone suspicious on this?

Theres something these publishers wants to hold back on public seem wait till E3.

As much as I'd like that to be so, there is no proof, only an assumption. You can base hope on an assumption, but you can't prove people wrong on an assumption. That is the thing some of us are calling you on.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs