By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Sony Going To Create Something To Match Gamerscore?

Alot of people have asked me about this especially people with 360's who are planning on getting a PS3

Platinums/100% Completion: Super Stardust HD, Linger In Shadows, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Burnout Paradise, Shaun White Snowboarding, Tomb Raider: Underworld, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator: Salvation, Assassin's Creed II, WipEout HD, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God Of War, God of War II, God of War III, inFamous.

Working on: GTA IV - 87%, Batman: Arkham Asylum - 80%.

Around the Network

My guess is a Home wall collection or xmb trophy list. I dunno if there will be an actual number though...

I can only hope not. I don't want to get kicked from MP games just because someone doesn't like my number.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Hopefully sony wises up and doesnt put a number system like XBL's gamerscore. I mean, yea the whole achievement thing is a great idea (kudos MS) but I dont like the number system. Anybody looks at a persons number and can feel inferior/superior to that person. Trophies with no gamerscore seems idk...more humbling.

I hope SONY adds a number and attempts to stardise throphy points ( eg. must have 100 or 1000 or x points per game ... + all games require it)

I wouldn't mind though if they made it so that PS3 gamerscores had to be checked on the user's PSN account / maybe a highscore system -- this would help people compare their score with their friends while limiting the abilities and random players kicking you for a low score ...