By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Else does Not enjoy online gaming?

I haven't really played online games before. I played Halo 3 online once before though. I'm not sure if I would like online games, because the thing I like about my games is their story, and the fact that they eventually do end. Online games just go on for ever really. I've played Runescape before when I was young, and after spending all those hours on it, I feel like I got nothing out of my online experience. I'm interested in getting Warhawk for the PS3 though when I get a PS3, so it will be interesting to see if I like it or not.

Around the Network

I love local multiplayer but don't have much taste for online gaming. There's no real satisfaction for me in beating someone I don't know, and it irks me when others gloat in winning.

The worst is when an opponent drops out of a game for losing, or maybe the worst is when a teammate blames you for an "error," or maybe the worst is watching opposing teammates tear up each other for what was, essentially, your own talent.

I dunno -- lots of downside for me, and not much upside.

I'm 31 as of this week.

I don't enjoy online gaming because I still have dial up.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I really don't like to play online with stranger, I rather play online with a couple of friends.

Online gaming for me is a hit and miss. So far over the years I've only played a few online games faithfully. Those including Halo 2, Halo 3, Burnout 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, Mario STrikers Charged, and MOHH2. I've had numerous other online games its just when it comes to onlien gaming, I find a game I like and play it. And I don't expand too much further. Which is why every game getting online doesn't mean much to me. With 360 you'll see I've only played 3 games, at least on my 360. Mainly cause I'm content with H3 online.

But realy all I've ever needed from online gaming is a way to play matches quickly and that's it.

Around the Network

I wouldn't say I don't enjoy it. I just don't prefer it. I rarely play online except for the last two days i've been playing resistance. Out of like I don't know how many games I finally won one lol.

I wouldn't say I don't enjoy it. I just don't prefer it. I rarely play online except for the last two days i've been playing resistance. Out of like I don't know how many games I finally won one lol.

I can't do online gaming, my satellite modem won't allow those types of connections (and even if it did, a ping of 1500ms would kill it quick). It sucks that it's either this or dial-up @ 28.8 (and that's with a *good* US Robotics hardware modem).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Well with the kids out of school COD4 on PSN is terrible, you can't mute anyone till you're in match and you get a full hardcore min of cracky voiced little fucks till you wanna rip off you ears. I'm sure XBL has it worse because their user base is younger so I shouldn't complain.

Well for me on Xbox live i love to play with my friends on GTAIV, Gears etc, but i don't enjoy grouping up with randoms that trash talk all the time especially if the game is very team based like Gears.

Games like Halo and COD4, i just get on with it because i'm quite good

Xbox live is notorious for the foul mouthed people but if your like me then you rarely play with randoms and just stick with your friends but the other day i was playing gears and i made friends with some randoms and now we team up.

So basically, i think i'm different to you because i love online play, i play gears every day still just for the online, same with Halo and COD4.