By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon sells out of MGS4 80GB PS3 in 5 minutes! -- T3H Domination Begins??

Early demand is clearly outstripping supply.

And until I start seeing them on shelves or available through Amazon, I'll take that mean one of two things: either Sony completely dropped the ball and shipped far fewer bundles than they could have sold, or demand has hit a spike not seen since the introduction of the $399 SKU.

Around the Network

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I really hope MGS4 will do great. But I think this is not a sign of PS3 domination to come.

MGS4 has a very loyal fanbase so preorders, bundles etc. are expected to be awesome. Sales will also be great but it will not destroy the competition by itself.

@pikaboo

before I get wiimotes thrown at me......I just hope people realize the 2nd part was sarcasm....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Neos

selling out and being on the top of the bestsellers list is a tad different

+ thats cruelty to animals which I don't advise....you kill animal they all turn against you......

Around the Network

More than likely, the bundles sold out because they are/were a limited-edition venture, and are likely to be rather valuable in the future, rather than because the general public is made up of rabid MGS fanboys (hint: they're not.)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

darthdevidem01 said:
WOW

Damage control FTW fanboys

it doesn't matter how much they had.....but what matters is that it has shown us the anticipation of this game right now!

Of course it matters how much they had.  If they had 10,000, it would be easy to sell that out in a few minutes.   If they had 100,000, it'd be a completely different story.

We know there are people who want MGS 4 -- MGS has an installed base of fans.  But there is a lot of speculation that MGS4 may not be as successful as MGS 3 (under 4 million sold). 

@THeBigFatJ

sorry but we Ps3 fans were told all MGS4 fannies had PS3's already

@Garcian smith

its the normal 80GB ones...not the LE metal ones

For those not members at N4G, here is another link.

It says that they sold out in 7 minutes, not 5...but eitherway, that's impressive as hell.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/06/metal-gear-bundle-kills-amazon-com/

I know many people feel like this is actually the true "launch" of the ps3.  When it truly has something special to offer to hardcore gamers, not just promises.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

"Thousands of you swarmed the site, got rid of their inventory in seven minutes, and best of all -- you killed amazon.com."

COONFIRMED

the bundles in the THOUSANDS..