By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock 3 announced!!!!

The title will coincide with the release of the Gore Verbinski directed film version of the game.

Strauss Zelnick (Take-Two Chairman) stated "It's unlikely the picture would be released coincident with BioShock 2. It's more likely it would be released coincident with BioShock 3."

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=11766&sid=2b102717f26512a2d30aed61be4c1c5a&title=Bioshock+3+announced

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

What´s with the recent explosion of game based movies?

There are rumors on a Castlevania movie, a Prince of Persia movie, a Metal Gear movie, a Metroid movie, etc. etc. etc.

OMG PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!111

I wonder if it will be on any of the current consoles? 

When is 2 supposed to come out? 2009? 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:

OMG PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!111

I wonder if it will be on any of the current consoles?

When is 2 supposed to come out? 2009?

Nope.  Bioshock 2 will hit in 2009.  Bioshock 3 won't be here until 2011 or (optomistically) late 2010.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well I still need to play the first one. (I'm working on it. I'll get it eventually). Demo was great though. I'm looking forward to playing it, and the two sequels.

Around the Network

Bah, a movie;..;;

@Gnosis where is your avatar + Signature from?

It reminds me of FLCL.

why would anyone make a movie about this game? Didn't Doom teach anyone?

TheRealMafoo said:
why would anyone make a movie about this game? Didn't Doom teach anyone?

Well Doom had a very, very thin story at best. Bioshock actually has a decent story to pick from to make a movie. Who knows they may actually use some stuff from Bioshock 2 in the movie, too.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

konnichiwaa said:
Bah, a movie;..;;

@Gnosis where is your avatar + Signature from?

It reminds me of FLCL.

That's because it is from FLCL

And to stay a bit more on topic, I looked up the Director who's doing the film on the IMDb, and he's not too bad. He directed the last two Pirates of The Carribean films, The Ring (The 2002 one), and some others. He's not great, but he's not bad at either, so there is some hope that it will be at least decent film.

It's going to be a long wait for these games.