By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you met anyone admitted to voting for Bush, twice?

insomniac17 said:
DragonLord said:
I did. Nobody better at the time to vote for. Gore and Kerry were both terrible choices. My biggest regret with Bush isn't the war in Iraq but that he failed to convince people to drill for oil in Alaska. Even now, it would take 5+ years of time to have a major benefit if they began drilling. It's a time consuming, slow process.

If we would have ok'd it in 2003 when he tried, we'd have $1.25/gallon prices right now. I own two oil wells in Oklahoma, but the reserves in Oklahoma and Texas are nothing compared to Alaska...but oh yeah, we have to protect the moose and duck
That bothers me. I mean, its great and all that we want to save animals, but aren't we really just killing off future species that would evolve? So wouldn't that mean that there's no point in saving all the animals because some will die off and more will come?
OT: If I was old enough, I would have voted for him twice. As with many others on here, I don't think he's all that great, but compared to the competition... Its like choosing the lesser of two evils.

Not really.  I mean... if i shoot a puppy a mystical new kind of puppy doesn't generate somewhere on the other side of the earth.

There really aren't any animals that would benefit from oil drilling. 

Around the Network

If I lived in USA and could vote I would have voted for Bush twice, he just gives comedians so much ammo. Such an entertaining head of state.

insomniac17 said:
DragonLord said:
I did. Nobody better at the time to vote for. Gore and Kerry were both terrible choices. My biggest regret with Bush isn't the war in Iraq but that he failed to convince people to drill for oil in Alaska. Even now, it would take 5+ years of time to have a major benefit if they began drilling. It's a time consuming, slow process.

If we would have ok'd it in 2003 when he tried, we'd have $1.25/gallon prices right now. I own two oil wells in Oklahoma, but the reserves in Oklahoma and Texas are nothing compared to Alaska...but oh yeah, we have to protect the moose and duck
That bothers me. I mean, its great and all that we want to save animals, but aren't we really just killing off future species that would evolve? So wouldn't that mean that there's no point in saving all the animals because some will die off and more will come?
OT: If I was old enough, I would have voted for him twice. As with many others on here, I don't think he's all that great, but compared to the competition... Its like choosing the lesser of two evils.

Maybe the US should cut down on its consumption of oil instead of drilling for more oil. Your option can not be sustained forever and is the worst choice for the environment.

wow there are all these people complaining about Gore and Kerry, it's as if there were only two people you could vote for!

if everyone who bitched about both major runners actually went and voted for a third party, then maybe the majors would take notice that they aren't very well liked.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I voted for Bush 0 out of 2 times! oh wait, that's not what you were asking...;-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
wow there are all these people complaining about Gore and Kerry, it's as if there were only two people you could vote for!

if everyone who bitched about both major runners actually went and voted for a third party, then maybe the majors would take notice that they aren't very well liked.

The problem is.  The way the system is set up, that's basically all you do get to vote for.   3rd party cadidtates aren't even invited to presidential debates despite supposed "equal time" laws and most people aren't brave of some would say, foolish enough to let the other party win because they seem like the opposite of what you believe in.

Basically most people vote against a party, not for or against a candidate. 

I did.

As for those who say they didn't... well, it would depend on where you are and who you deal with. If you like in San Francisco, odds are you won't find many. If you're in Utah, people are lying their asses off.

And remember, that roughly half the people don't bother voting. Bush won roughly half of that vote each time, so about 1/4 of the population. I imagine most but not all who voted for him in 2000 did so again in 2004, so the number of those who voted for him twice would be somewhat less than that 25% - about the same as those who voted against him twice.

Kasz216 said:
insomniac17 said:
DragonLord said:

Not really.  I mean... if i shoot a puppy a mystical new kind of puppy doesn't generate somewhere on the other side of the earth.

There really aren't any animals that would benefit from oil drilling. 

Well, at the moment it seems we would.

But in order for new species to evolve they have to evolve from a pre-existing species. However, not all species evolve equally. Most just die out eventually, especially those that are highly specialized for their habitat (like pandas).

I would have voted for him twice if I was old enough at the time. Every single person of voting age in my extended family voted for him twice though except one which was 22 people just in my family, and even a ridiculous amount more if you get into 2nd cousins and everything, probably around 80-100 then because I have a large number of relatives down in Kentucky that are all strong republicans.

PC Gamer
Kasz216 said:
omgwtfbbq said:

The problem is.  The way the system is set up, that's basically all you do get to vote for.   3rd party cadidtates aren't even invited to presidential debates despite supposed "equal time" laws and most people aren't brave of some would say, foolish enough to let the other party win because they seem like the opposite of what you believe in.

Basically most people vote against a party, not for or against a candidate. 

It is unfortunate that the voting system in America basically gives people the impression that if you don't vote for one of the two major parties you are essentially "throwing your vote away". If you had a system like we do in Australia things might be a bit different (I have never voted for either one of the two major parties as my first preference, and small parties can often end up holding the balance of power, allowing them to add their voice into parliament.)

However, if enough people who disliked both parties actually went out and voted for a third party, then you would probably be surprised at what kind of effect it would have.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!