By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soul Caliber IV (both versions) will have Darth Vader's Apprentice in

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
WTF? Darth Maul came back? lol. Why would Maul want to kill Vader?

Ha, I barely recognized you without your old avatar.

If memory serves, Darth Maul came back as a member of an organization to kill Darth Vader, believing that his instable psyche would cause him to be a threat to the rise of the Galactic Empire.

Oh. Wow. Vader must have wrecked him lol.

Not really.

Both Maul and Vader lost several midi-chlorians when their respective limbs were chopped off, both ironically by Obi-Wan Kenobi. This actually left Palpatine as the person most capable with the force in the entire galaxy. The Maul-Vader fight was pretty close. Darth Vader won by impaling himself with his own lightsaber and pushing it far enough through his body that it also impaled Darth Maul who was behind him. I find it strange that the lightsaber didn't kill Vader too, but then again, you'd have to read the book for it. Most of his body was artificial, so that would most likely be the explanation.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:

If memory serves, Darth Maul came back as a member of an organization to kill Darth Vader, believing that his instable psyche would cause him to be a threat to the rise of the Galactic Empire.

Not really.

Both Maul and Vader lost several midi-chlorians when their respective limbs were chopped off, both ironically by Obi-Wan Kenobi. This actually left Palpatine as the person most capable with the force in the entire galaxy. The Maul-Vader fight was pretty close. Darth Vader won by impaling himself with his own lightsaber and pushing it far enough through his body that it also impaled Darth Maul who was behind him. I find it strange that the lightsaber didn't kill Vader too, but then again, you'd have to read the book for it. Most of his body was artificial, so that would most likely be the explanation.

That explanation for why Vader suddenly blew in the next movies is actually minorly acceptible, except once again this game is breaking that cannon by Vader being ridiculously powerful in this game (as seen in the gameplay videos).  

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:

Not really.

I find it funny that Anakin/Darth Vader has his limbs cut off like 3-4 times and then burned in the movies yet doesn't die X_X Poor Anakin :(

Also, the imapling thing reminds me of a certain MGS4 scene (between Raiden and some other dude. Raiden impaled himself so he can impale the other dude too). We never see those impale scenes in movies though. They would be cool :P

Also, what book is this? Sounds interesting. Other SW books are kinda...meh. Post-episode IV books sound cool.

Actually those scenes were stolen from a couple movies... and a bunch of anime have used that move as well.

Just not to many western movies... as  they use swords much less.

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:

Not really.

I find it funny that Anakin/Darth Vader has his limbs cut off like 3-4 times and then burned in the movies yet doesn't die X_X Poor Anakin :(

Also, the imapling thing reminds me of a certain MGS4 scene (between Raiden and some other dude. Raiden impaled himself so he can impale the other dude too). We never see those impale scenes in movies though. They would be cool :P

Also, what book is this? Sounds interesting. Other SW books are kinda...meh. Post-episode IV books sound cool.

His survival likely has to do with his strength with the force. There was actually an entire untold plotline about how Anakin was a virgin birth, formed by Palpatine (or was it Plagueis?) and a large amount of midi-chlorians, thus causing the Jedi Order to believe him to be the "chosen one," which he later turned out to be by balancing the force in The Return of the Jedi.

The idea doesn't make much sense to me, but the history had me so fascinated that I didn't even care. And if you want to know this stuff, just look it up on Wikipedia. I tell ya, the nerds at Wikiproject Star Wars know a heck of a lot about it. They've got some quality articles, especially the one on Palpatine.

Darth Vader owns Yoda in a game like this.. Yoda is cool, don't get me wrong, but in the context of Soul Calibur, I can't whish any cooler Star Wars guy than Darth Vader.. :)

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34899.html

I'm surprised no one posted this here yet and if I mess up the emmbedding I'll give the link..

Former something....

Soriku, just look up Star Wars stuff on Wikipedia. If you look at the article on Darth Maul, there's some pretty interesting stuff.