By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BF: Bad Company Demo

I downloaded this demo today off the UK store and have been playing it for the last 4 hours and its great, you get one mission in the single player mode and you get an online mode aswell, the online mode is some sort of Assualt gameplay, on a long patch in the desert with a bunch of towns around the map.  It keeps track of your stats and you can earn special things for each type of unit you pick.  The tanks and the jeeps are great and there is an artillery piece aswell for the attacking team, the heli is really hard to control, which seems to be a staple of the series becasue i could never fly the ones on the PC either.

I have been mostly playing the Sniper, its a lot harder to snipe then Cod4.  I think its a lot more fun this way.

Around the Network

Whenever it comes to the US store i'll check it out.

sounds great

It is great, much better than COD4.

MGS4!

Q_A_X said:
It is great, much better than COD4.

no way mate, i have just played the demo, COD4 is deffinetly a better shooter...

Around the Network

I dunno Battlefield bad comapny is more of a tactical shooter.
@PDF
On the battlefield website it says there are issues in posting the demo on the us playsation store and an eta hasnt been given
Ive been playing it and the fact you can use boats, turrets, tanks, jeeps and helicopters is brilliant.
I'm definitely buying this

Still downloading
i should get round to playing this eventually, but I am still completely addicted to FFX

I thought it was up in the US? Because I do want to dl this demo. I'll check in a few minutes I reckon.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

There seems to be some issues with the game, when switching between weapons you need to come to a complete stop and take a second to switch between weapons. And trying to get your knife out and kill some guy in close quarters is out of the question, while killing a guy in CoD4 with the knife is very fast and happens in an instant. This takes away the fast pace of the game and wrecks CQC battles in my mind.

There also seems to be some screen tearing from what the PC fans have told me about it. There are also some pop ins far in the distant, its not all the time so thats good.

The controls are also not smooth, the characters seem to handle like cars and its very hard to line up shots compared to all other FPS games which i have no problem with. It seems like they ported over the PC controls for the character and never modified them for the consoles.

The audio is great, and the iron sights are pretty good on the gun compared to CoD4, but not all the guns use the iron sights. Some of the weapons you appear to hold on an angle, like the gang bangers or something, Its very odd.

But the map is way too big and not very fun after longer play times, the map that was in the PC demo for BF2 would of been a much better map for this sort of Demo.

battlefield is a no-fly-zone for me because I'm an every man for himself kind of player and it seems to be a tactical shooter. i only play free-for-alls on COD4.

@Griffin, we should play online sometime if u like free-for-alls, you seem to be an excellent player. I never did prestige but I have a golden m60

PSN ID Pristine20

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler