By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which Hack&Slash game will be the first AAA title this year?

What is "AAA"?

Huge seller? Very high meta reviews? General opinion?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Bayonetta looks a lot like DMC. DMC hasn't reached 90% averages so I'm not sure Bayonetta will be able to do it.

GoW3 will probably be able to do it but that won't be out for at least 2 years+...

I'm not sure which game might be at 90% first before that time. Most of the time reviewers criticize hack-and-slash games for being button mashers.

Hack and slashers are not critcized for being button mashers.  Dynasty Warriors is criticized because the games in the series always play the same and Heavenly Sword's combat system was praised.  It was the length or lack of that was criticized

Does Force unleashed wii count?

SpartanFX said:
am I missing any upcoming wii hack&slash game?

Rygar.

Also, NMH was hack and slash kinda.

Anyway, Bayonetta I believe will score AAA.

I'm not sure if Madworld would qualify.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Gotta go with GOW 3 :)

I think more than anything though I love the people RANTING on God of War's storyline... then I like that it's backed with statements like "If they knew anything about Greek MYTHOLOGY"... Seriously???? IT'S A GAME BASED LOOSELY AROUND MADE UP SH*T. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR @_@

It to actually be based off it instead of just shoehorning people in certain roles to fit what you want?

May as well make up your own damn characters if your going to butcher it so much.

Around the Network

AAA != a 90% Metacritic rating. Such stupid bullshit.

God of war III will def get over 90 as for the others I think only Bayonetta has a chance even though we havent seen much from that game other than like 5 seconds of cg

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

Deviation59 said:
AAA != a 90% Metacritic rating. Everything else is such stupid bullshit.

Fixed.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS