By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which Hack&Slash game will be the first AAA title this year?

I will say GOW III is a definite possbility.

Honorable mentions go to Madworld(gritty exclusives for wii will get high scores and its because from platinum.), Bayoneta(because it from platinum)

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network
Desroko said:
Kasz216 said:
I'm saying... none will reach 90% ratings.

Gameplay is too repetitive for it to not lose points. Not to mention hack and slash games almost universaly have crappy stories.

Tell that to Assassin's Creed. Not to mention that video games almost universally have crappy stories.

If any game has a crappy stories, I bet it was intentional since game design comes first for a lot of companies.

Diablo THREE

Galaki said:
Diablo THREE

True, IF and WHEN this game hits the shelves, it'll be a monster

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Kasz216

EVERY SINGLE GOW has rating above 90

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/itemsearch.asp

I don't believe people are ignoring this fact

Yeah, I don't expect that to be out till 09. Besides which, by then people might of gotten past their GOW blidness. Some people actually think GOW has a good story if you can believe it. I'd guess people who don't know much about actual greek mythology.

I've seen better storytelling about greek mythology on "Hercules: Legendary Journies" 

While I am loathe to defend God of War, I do feel the need to step in here. The story makes as much sense as it should for that game. Yes they completely ignored greek mythology save for the use of names, but you have to. There is no way to mesh a character killing, and then becoming a god with Greek mythology. They stayed true to their own version of it though, and it always feels right in the game. Not a great story, but it fits the world they created very nicely so I give them some respect for that.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I would pick that Too Human has the first real chance at it. But if it doesnt make it then I would have to pick God Of War III

Tease.

Gnizmo said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Kasz216

EVERY SINGLE GOW has rating above 90

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/itemsearch.asp

I don't believe people are ignoring this fact

Yeah, I don't expect that to be out till 09. Besides which, by then people might of gotten past their GOW blidness. Some people actually think GOW has a good story if you can believe it. I'd guess people who don't know much about actual greek mythology.

I've seen better storytelling about greek mythology on "Hercules: Legendary Journies"

While I am loathe to defend God of War, I do feel the need to step in here. The story makes as much sense as it should for that game. Yes they completely ignored greek mythology save for the use of names, but you have to. There is no way to mesh a character killing, and then becoming a god with Greek mythology. They stayed true to their own version of it though, and it always feels right in the game. Not a great story, but it fits the world they created very nicely so I give them some respect for that.

What do you mean GoW's story isn't great? What is it to you that makes a game's story great?

This thread needs more Force Unleashed.

That would be my pick. Also, Clone Wars

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Gotta go with GOW 3 :)

I think more than anything though I love the people RANTING on God of War's storyline... then I like that it's backed with statements like "If they knew anything about Greek MYTHOLOGY"... Seriously???? IT'S A GAME BASED LOOSELY AROUND MADE UP SH*T. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR @_@

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Most likely Bayonetta and God of war III