By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Duke Nukem Forever ingame footage!

I wonder what engine it's running on now.

How are they ever going to dare to release this game? Everyone will laugh at it and say "it took you more than a decade to come up with this?!"

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@Squall

PS3/360/PC.

This is never going to come out though X_X lol

I wouldn't trust that. It was slated to come out on the original Xbox as well, and that never happened. Duke Nukem has always been a PC-first game.

I guess if they released it this year or next they could always dumb it down for consoles. 

Not very impressed thus far...but its early. The gameplay looks clunky and closed in...like doom or quake 4. I like mobility in my fps games.

I think I would actually be more interested in a tell-all book that goes over the history of the game's development rather than actually play the game.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Not very impressed thus far...but its early. The gameplay looks clunky and closed in...like doom or quake 4. I like mobility in my fps games.
The reason it looks closed in is because its a level indoors. The guy who did this whole episode was given permission to only play 1 level in Duke Nukem 4. You take any game out there and enter a dark buildling, thats how it will look. They have stated before (And even today again at the 3D Realms forums) that there will be outside area's, bright, with open space.

Looks pretty boring. It's just a few seconds of footage, so whatever. Just put the damn game out and stop talking about it is what I wish they'd do ;)
Boring? Judging from a 5 second clip of a video filming a monitor? I'm pretty sure if you take ANY game out there and film 5 seconds of shooting, it will look boring. Don't judge the game by a few second of gameplay and say its boring...If anything, Duke is known for its incredibly fun gameplay which videos and screenshot cant show. Setting a pipebomb and camping until someone walks across... setting lazer mines on walls and getting the kill for it 5 minutes later because someone walked thru the laser.... using the freezegun and freezing your enemy and appraoching them and kick their frozen body which kills them... using the shrinkray and shooting your enemy shrinking them to the size of a GI Joe, as you walk around trying to stomp on them with them running everywhere avoiding your foot... This is just a small taste of what Duke Nukem is about...

Looks terrible. I would love a more cartoonish (no, not kiddy), less gritty art style. This just looks like any random Unreal Engine 3 game.
You can't judge the graphics at all. Its a video of a video. If I were to take a 1080p camcorder, and film MGS4 on a pc monitor, it would look terrible as well. Take a full blown official HD Trailer of Duke 4, then make your judgements, until then why be so negative and harsh?

I wonder what engine it's running on now. How are they ever going to dare to release this game? Everyone will laugh at it and say "it took you more than a decade to come up with this?!"
They've only switched Engines once. Which was in 1998. I dont understand why would think the game will suck for taking this long? If you know 3D Realms, you know they take time on their games, look at Prey, how long did that game take? And did it sell good? yes, it did really good. Look at Max Payne 1 & 2, They both sold well, well enough to have a movie coming out in a year and a 3rd game as well.

I just dont understand why some people are so negative about everything. Did you not play Duke 3D? The negative comments are just silly and dont make sense, you can't judge the graphics because we haven't seen a official trailer of the latest build... The only somewhat official video we have is the December 2007 one.

I get the sense that most people who are saying anything bad, simply havn't played Duke 3D. If you look at most Duke3D fans, they are still excited for this, some gave up of course.

Games like Duke, Unreal and Quake is what made 3D Shooters what they are today, and games like Wolfenstein/Doom/Rise of The Triad made Duke/Unreal/Quake what they are. Anyone that played PC Games 10 years ago know this...

I'm real sorry for the rant guys, ive never typed this much in the forums here, I'm just so shocked how silly these negative comments are

Around the Network
MattAAron said:
The reason it looks closed in is because its a level indoors. The guy who did this whole episode was given permission to only play 1 level in Duke Nukem 4. You take any game out there and enter a dark buildling, thats how it will look. They have stated before (And even today again at the 3D Realms forums) that there will be outside area's, bright, with open space.

Looks pretty boring. It's just a few seconds of footage, so whatever. Just put the damn game out and stop talking about it is what I wish they'd do ;)
Boring? Judging from a 5 second clip of a video filming a monitor? I'm pretty sure if you take ANY game out there and film 5 seconds of shooting, it will look boring. Don't judge the game by a few second of gameplay and say its boring...If anything, Duke is known for its incredibly fun gameplay which videos and screenshot cant show. Setting a pipebomb and camping until someone walks across... setting lazer mines on walls and getting the kill for it 5 minutes later because someone walked thru the laser.... using the freezegun and freezing your enemy and appraoching them and kick their frozen body which kills them... using the shrinkray and shooting your enemy shrinking them to the size of a GI Joe, as you walk around trying to stomp on them with them running everywhere avoiding your foot... This is just a small taste of what Duke Nukem is about...

Looks terrible. I would love a more cartoonish (no, not kiddy), less gritty art style. This just looks like any random Unreal Engine 3 game.
You can't judge the graphics at all. Its a video of a video. If I were to take a 1080p camcorder, and film MGS4 on a pc monitor, it would look terrible as well. Take a full blown official HD Trailer of Duke 4, then make your judgements, until then why be so negative and harsh?
I wonder what engine it's running on now. How are they ever going to dare to release this game? Everyone will laugh at it and say "it took you more than a decade to come up with this?!"
They've only switched Engines once. Which was in 1998. I dont understand why would think the game will suck for taking this long? If you know 3D Realms, you know they take time on their games, look at Prey, how long did that game take? And did it sell good? yes, it did really good. Look at Max Payne 1 & 2, They both sold well, well enough to have a movie coming out in a year and a 3rd game as well.

I just dont understand why some people are so negative about everything. Did you not play Duke 3D? The negative comments are just silly and dont make sense, you can't judge the graphics because we haven't seen a official trailer of the latest build... The only somewhat official video we have is the December 2007 one.

I get the sense that most people who are saying anything bad, simply havn't played Duke 3D. If you look at most Duke3D fans, they are still excited for this, some gave up of course.

Games like Duke, Unreal and Quake is what made 3D Shooters what they are today, and games like Wolfenstein/Doom/Rise of The Triad made Duke/Unreal/Quake what they are. Anyone that played PC Games 10 years ago know this...

I'm real sorry for the rant guys, ive never typed this much in the forums here, I'm just so shocked how silly these negative comments are

Thanks for sticking up for the dukester.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Are you effing telling me it's real? If it gets released, what will be the game we are gonna make fun for it's eternal development? It's gonna be a different world entirely lol

lol fazz how right you are :/ Duke Nukem Forever was always the best 'delay/long game development' joke :(

I think the joke will reset when Duke Forever gets released and they announce they are working on Duke Nukem 5 :D I'll have a good long laugh

I thought remedy did Max Payne?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Max Payne was produced by 3D Realms

and Developed by Remedy (Overseen by 3D Realms)