By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTA IV DLC Delayed.

Sounds to me like its probably being delayed solely to make their FY09 seem stronger; without a proper GTA release, they are going to go down in revenue a lot, possibly losing out on profitability entirely (only 98M in profit this quarter? After all the revenue from GTA?).

If they get the first episodic content out in Q1 '09, then the second in Q3 or Q4 '09, then chances are they can have 2 profitable years where they might have only had 1 otherwise.

In fact, if that works, then by FY10 the next proper GTA should be ready.

I'm actually kind of surprised they were planning on a FY08 release at all, frankly.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
alpha_dk said:
Sounds to me like its probably being delayed solely to make their FY09 seem stronger; without a proper GTA release, they are going to go down in revenue a lot, possibly losing out on profitability entirely (only 98M in profit this quarter? After all the revenue from GTA?).

If they get the first episodic content out in Q1 '09, then the second in Q3 or Q4 '09, then chances are they can have 2 profitable years where they might have only had 1 otherwise.

I'm actually kind of surprised they were planning on a FY08 release at all, frankly.

Somebody with an opinion that actually has relevance to the original topic instead of PS3 only fans coming in to gloat.

+1 to you

OT: Either way doesn't bother me that much.  I bought it for the X360 mainly because most of my friends will be playing it on that platform.  I have plenty of games to look forward to on both systems for the holidays.  I'm already backlogged with games from last X-mas and it's already summer. 

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

All u PS3 fans Please SDFU jesus this means the content will be comming out just in time for the holidays plz just stop laughing and go back to the Sony form and bitch about MGS4 your "Saviour"

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Everstar said:
All u PS3 fans Please SDFU jesus this means the content will be comming out just in time for the holidays plz just stop laughing and go back to the Sony form and bitch about MGS4 your "Saviour"

"Please" "SDFU" and "jesus", god, 3 words that has NO business doing together. Good job.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Everstar said:

"Please" "SDFU" and "jesus", god, 3 words that has NO business doing together. Good job.

Oh btw thats have not has

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
jasonnc80 said:
alpha_dk said:

Somebody with an opinion that actually has relevance to the original topic instead of PS3 only fans coming in to gloat.

+1 to you

OT: Either way doesn't bother me that much. I bought it for the X360 mainly because most of my friends will be playing it on that platform. I have plenty of games to look forward to on both systems for the holidays. I'm already backlogged with games from last X-mas and it's already summer.

yeah that or they actually try to finish it properly not like some others...... without saying that it's a given that the DC will be the best DC you ever saw on a console.... so PS3 fans even if it sucks to death it'll still be better than anything you got on your BR player with gaming option... so keep laughing in the end its going to be one more positive point about XBL that PSN doesn't have even for FREE (which IMO is ridiculous BTW but hell people like freebies).... DLC is the future for gaming and any software.... that's a reality you'll have to get use to...it might not be extraordinarie at first.... but it'll be a standard with time.... 

Bad stunt on M$'s part; I thought this thing was coming out like in a reasonable amount of time? Not half a year away from launch. How are they going to advertise for it? "Get GTA4 6 months after release and get content you cant get on PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? I doubt we will see this stunt from M$ again, the sale numbers between 360 and PS3 had such a small margin and it defeinatly didn't justfiy a 50million investment.