By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis Warhead announced

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=11759&sid=c258da9695db7d1f833875d8b3eb8b8e&title=Crysis+Warhead+announced

EA has announced via a press release that Crysis Warhead is currently in development at Crytek and will be out in just a few months, exclusively for the PC. The game is being developed on a new, enhanced and optimized version of Cryteks Cryengine 2 technology.

“We were very pleased with the reception of Crysis from both gamers and media after our launch last year,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “That being said, one of the key principles of our studio is to always raise the bar. With Warhead, we are focusing on refining our storytelling and game performance, while also delivering more of the visually stunning graphics and immersive, free-roaming gameplay everyone loved in Crysis.”

“The best result of a partnership that we can ask for in the EA Partners program is when a world class independent studio like Crytek chooses to continue to work with us,” said David DeMartini, Vice President and Global General Manager, EA Partners. “Crysis was an amazing game and is going to be a blockbuster franchise. We could not be more excited to be working with Crytek to launch another hit with Crysis Warhead this year.”

In Crysis Warhead players will don the nanosuit of Sergeant Sykes, who is also known as Psycho. Players will experience Psycho's parallel story during the events of the original game. Crysis Warhead will apparently also feature brand new multiplayer content, which will be announced at a later date.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I will play this game one day...one day when its available for PSP 3 handheld system.

I had a lot of hopes that this will also be on the consoles. I guess we have to wait for Crysis 2?

I will not prioritize playing a Crytek product again after the shockingly mediocre Crysis. Unless they drastically change and improve upon their Crysis concept, this game will never enter my house.

I'm still a fan of Farcry, but not Crysis. I hope Farcry 2 is good.

Around the Network

This is amazing. The only sin of Crysis was that the story wasn't great, but the fact that we are playing Psycho in Crysis Warhead automatically makes it a better story!

shio said:
This is amazing. The only sin of Crysis was that the story wasn't great, but the fact that we are playing Psycho in Crysis Warhead automatically makes it a better story!
I agree, im looking forward to it, glad they stuck to the PC.

wiked, Crysis Warhead will probably have godly graphics!

I hope it will come to home console as well.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

360 and PS3????