By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima Productions: No 90 minutes cutscenes!

Kojima commented that MSG4 is for the fans. Of coure he will have long and intricate cut scenes. If that is a problem, don't buy it or skip through the cut scenes. Most MGS4 fans will gladly sit through every minute. I think it is great that you can skip all of the cut scenes and play this game like a shooter for 20+ hours. If you are a fan of the series, you will probably play the game like a stealth action game and watch the cut scenes and enjoy 30+ hours in the MGS4 universe. You can play it however you choose to, but please stop spinning this as a bad thing.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

It's funny that Konami is now having to detail the NDA that reviewers had to accept. The funny thing is that while they explain the reason for the restrictions, no reviewer should have accepted anything other than "No Spoilers" in the first place. With many of the reviews, under the NDA, are already out, I still say shame on Konami in the first place.

http://kotaku.com/5013432/kojima-productions-responds-to-mgs4-nda-complaints

I give Konami's overall response a 9.2.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
It's funny that Konami is now having to detail the NDA that reviewers had to accept. The funny thing is that while they explain the reason for the restrictions, no reviewer should have accepted anything other than "No Spoilers" in the first place. With many of the reviews, under the NDA, are already out, I still say shame on Konami in the first place.

http://kotaku.com/5013432/kojima-productions-responds-to-mgs4-nda-complaints

I give Konami's overall response a 9.2.

Wow, damage control at its finest... I especially like how no explanation is given for the restriction on talking about install times. Does it fit into the "efforts we go through to keep [gamers] protected from reviewers that could spoil some of the MGS4 experience" category?

Yeah, Konami was all about protecting the gamers there.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I will still buy the game anyway.

i get to play a game and watch a movie all in one lol

DOES IT MATTER?????

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Ok, I bet there are two 45 minute cut scenes with 1 minute of gameplay between the two. So there isn't really a 90 minute cut scene, but rather 2 shorter ones.

Anyways, someone should list all the cut scenes, their length, and approximately how much game play is between each one.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

so the big deal with the installation was that 8 minutes of install time?

SpartanFX said:

The big deal was that Konami was afraid to let the press reveal it, which made it seem 10 times worse than what it was. Konami shot themselves in the foot more than anything, hiding something that really doesn't need to be hidden only brings suspicions and negative hype. Konami's lack of confirdence is much more worrisome than install times and cut scene length IMHO.

SpartanFX said:

I'm not a big fan of installations in first place but MGS4 certianly doesn't look like the worst offender.  It makes Konami look worse that they tried to keep reviewers from even disclosing such a relatively minor detail.

I give that post a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

I am not sure why installs are treated as a negative. Thank God Sony put a hard drive into the PS3. If the 360 had a hard drive, you would "have" to install games also. As it stands now, multi-plat developers need to work around this limitation on the 360. I think you are seeing some problems with aggressive caching on the 360 causing the chronic freezing issues on that platform. Again, a 1 time install and cut scenes = no problem.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.