By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima Productions: No 90 minutes cutscenes!

TheRealMafoo said:
I wonder if all the people who bitched about 90 minute cut scenes in previous threads will come here and apologize (especially the people who were never going to play it in the first place)?

Yea, I thought not.

With so many contradictions, I think people will wait for a more definite statement than a vague claim of "gross exagerations" .

In any case, if someone has to apologize it's whoever didn't say the truth, not people who haven't even had the chance to check it for themselves.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
I wonder if all the people who bitched about 90 minute cut scenes in previous threads will come here and apologize (especially the people who were never going to play it in the first place)?

Yea, I thought not.

With so many contradictions, I think people will wait for a more definite statement than a vague claim of "gross exagerations" .

A vague claim by the Assistant Producer of the game is easier to believe than some magazine.

Faxanadu said:
Question: how many are above 15 minutes? how many above 30?

30 would already be unbearable for me.

Lol, then MGS is clearly not for you.

So for what reason did two seperate publications have to lie about 90 minute cutscenes in the first place?

Everyone knows that Konami pressured reviewers to keep quiet on the cutscene and installation length.
Maybe now that word got out, they're trying to soften the blow...

It could be 70min. I mean we can all guess but I think we can all agree that there is long cut scenes in there long enough for them to not want to have them mentioned in reviews and long enough where reviewers need to comment on them. If there are many cut scenes over 15min and any that come close to 50 or over then I think that is enough to turn of many gamers(no metal gear fans Im talking about your average joe and they are the people that are going to matter if you want to sell LOADS of mgs4 copys)

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Yea, I thought not.

Isn´t that an official statement for you? Maybe you want Kojima Productions to tell you exactly how many cutscenes there are, exactly how long each one of them is and when they occur.

Faxanadu said:

Clearly you haven't played the MGS series then, so why do you care how long the cutscene is?

DMeisterJ said:

A vague claim by the Assistant Producer of the game is easier to believe than some magazine.

I'll give you that, but I still think it's too late to believe anyone who doesn't state it in clear terms.

Maybe the Power Of The Cell distorts time itself while people are playing this game, therefore making it impossible to time the cutscenes ;)

@memory2zack: I didn't say "official", I said "definite". A definite statement would be something like "the longest cutscene isn't even an hour long, much less 90 minutes". Even more definite would be "the longest cutscene is 55 minutes long". Saying "90 minutes is a gross exaggeration" isn't a definite statement.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

DMeisterJ said:
Faxanadu said:

Clearly you haven't played the MGS series then, so why do you care how long the cutscene is?

Oh my dear. I have played the original MGS on the PS1, and I am a big fan of that game. I do not recall any 30 minute cutscenes. I do remember great gameplay and awesome boss fights, but no 30 minutes cutscenes.

Do you only count games starting from 2 in the series or have you just never played the original?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

TheRealMafoo said:

Yea, I thought not.

And I wonder if all the people who defended the 90 minutes cutscenes in previous threads will now secretly be relieved that it isn't true.... :)