By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Symphonia: dawn of the New World footage

Music with japanese lyrics is no turn-off for me, see "Suteki da ne" in FFX´s ending. Didn´t people enjoy it?

Around the Network

Western Audiences, castrating art since for the sake of 13 year old gamers.

I still have to play the first one, but damn this one IS AMAZING!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I guess I'm not so bothered by music changes and voice acting if its done with consistancy and quality like Namco typically does.

Capcom is what really grinds me. Not only did they replace the beautiful original japanese soundtracks of MM8 and MMX4 with cheap keyboard techno but they constantly change voice acting teams and do a terrible job of it most the time too. MMX8, MMX Command Mission and MMX Maverick Hunter had the same great voice acting team, but that's about it. Let's not forget the abhorrent voice acting of the DMC series as well, and not even the same teams, at least they finally got a good team together for DMC3 (and I assume 4). I don't think you could pay Capcom to give two shits about localizing their product with any quality. The Resident Evil games benefit from the fact they use the english voice acting for the Japanese version as well so they splurge on a good team (albeit never the same voice actors all the time).

But I'm rambling so I digress.

@trestres

The first game is probably one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I mean 1-4 people can play in the battles too, so awesome!

trestres said:
I still have to play the first one, but damn this one IS AMAZING!

I have to finish the second half of the first one too.

OP: The battle looks awesome, I will definitely buy this first day. 

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Looks sweet, but I'm hoping from the MH3 and FFCC hype train at the moment... I feel so lonely though, no ones on board with me O.o FOR EITHER ONE!

Does anyone ever want MH3 in the US? I know I do >.> I actually never played it until I head about MH3 on the Wii then I went and bought a used copy for the PS2 and loved it. =3 this is odd, I'll drive the train alone then. =/

Hey hey count me in on that MH3 hype train! Ever since they announced it and showed that tiny trailer I've been excited! I knew nothing about the series either, but I watched some youtube and looked up information on the series (even went to the homepage) and I think it's a really cool idea. I hope it turns out awesome!

OT: I haven't ever played a TOS game before, but I'm really interested in this, will I be completely lost if I buy this game without playing the others? 

The transition speed between the map, dungeon and battles is so smooth that I can't help but fondly remember the cart-based jrpg days.... this is gonna be so sweet.

(very fast load times aren't essential to jrpg's but when they work well they help to create a much smoother and enjoyable atmosphere in the game)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I would probably prefer the original japanese music.

Anyway, I hadn't really heard much about this game, but the footage I saw I liked, so I'm going to look into it.

Onimusha12 said:
I guess I'm not so bothered by music changes and voice acting if its done with consistancy and quality like Namco typically does.

Capcom is what really grinds me. Not only did they replace the beautiful original japanese soundtracks of MM8 and MMX4 with cheap keyboard techno but they constantly change voice acting teams and do a terrible job of it most the time too. MMX8, MMX Command Mission and MMX Maverick Hunter had the same great voice acting team, but that's about it. Let's not forget the abhorrent voice acting of the DMC series as well, and not even the same teams, at least they finally got a good team together for DMC3 (and I assume 4). I don't think you could pay Capcom to give two shits about localizing their product with any quality. The Resident Evil games benefit from the fact they use the english voice acting for the Japanese version as well so they splurge on a good team (albeit never the same voice actors all the time).

Megaman X Command Mission has a solid voice acting cast (a lot of names from anime), but the writing in that game was beyond awful which complete ruined the delivery of many parts.

Yeah, Capcom are lazy shits when it comes to localizing their products. The Megaman Series has been so raped by badly their lack of concern for quality.