By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My thoughts on what's Wii's standard graphics should look like

Anyway, many people here complains about third parties didnt optimize Wii's hardware compatibility. But what should Wii's graphics standard graphics looks like?

I'll point out first what shouldnt be done on the Wii when graphics are concerned:

No N64 graphics

No PSX/PS1 graphics

No PS2/or even high end PS2 graphics unless its a Xenossaga 3 or God of War 2 graphics quality

What should be done:

Atleast a high end XBOX/GC graphics

If its high budget game it should be in level of SMG

Needs Source engine graphics quality on the system, ITS MUCH NEEDED

Now for examples, if its a small time developers, atleast copy the quality of their game with Medal of Honor Heroes 2 if its a straight 2-d game it must be a Super paper Mario quality, if its cell shaded it must be with boogie quality and if its cartoony it must be Mario kart quality.

We know the Wii dont have a graphical quality of HD consoles but give atleast consideration on the quality of graphics on the Wii

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Well..i don´t know is this irrelevant..for anything

Short summary:

I think pruducers knows the graphic capalities but don´t use them..

After watching video of games like Resident Evil 5, GTA 4 and MGS 4, I am starting to think Nintendo should have matched graphical capabilities of 360 and PS3. I don't think we'll see more than a few such high budget autuer games because game designers tend to like working with more powerful hardware.

It's really too bad because playing those games with the Wii remote would have been sweet.

If all wii games have resident 4 engine ( if wii=2xgc only 50% of the machine)
many things change.

i think that only the 50% it´s a good standar but the issue it´s a crappy ps2 game 1/10 of the power it´s pathetic

OooSnap said:
After watching video of games like Resident Evil 5, GTA 4 and MGS 4, I am starting to think Nintendo should have matched graphical capabilities of 360 and PS3. I don't think we'll see more than a few such high budget autuer games because game designers tend to like working with more powerful hardware.

It's really too bad because playing those games with the Wii remote would have been sweet.

Game designers like making money. Relax, the numbers are starting to speak for themseves and the myth of the casual gamer is starting to erode. If things follow their current track, by this time next year, the HD concoles may be lucky to get someone to write them a parking ticket.

Around the Network

all wii games should manage to have graphics like those from riddick, forza, ninja gaiden black or chaos theory from first xbox console.

Anyway EA did optimize the Wii hardware in terms of graphics. I just seen only the youtube version of boom blox but I think it have great physics engine.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Everbody listen.

I'll point out what Wii graphics should look like.

They shouldn't be real bad.

And they shouldn't be ugly.

Actually, they should be very good.

Also, the Wii needs a great graphics engine!

Discuss.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

^^^

You should buy 360/ps3 then if thats what you want. So you dont like PS1 games then because of the graphics? Shame on you!

You know, even Wii have a decent graphics its still par with 360/ps3 graphics you know

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Look if Nintendo actualy cared about graphics then we wouldn't have the Wii we have today , not that they don't think graphics is important ( as they did make somewhat of a leap from PS2 > to Wii) but it's obviously not one of their priorites , if developers collectivley make poor looking Wii qualities then there is little to no altenative to buying into shovelware.

It's one of the things you have to accept buying the most popular console , in order to apeal to the needs of the whole market it has to ignore the needs of many of it's segments hence graphics aren't always high on the list of priorities of the developers.

Wheras the whole PS3/360 consumer prioritises graphics and we'd never tolerate anything below SMG quality unless it's gameplay was of GTA IV's quality , so more often or not developers understand they have to create graphical master pieces to interest this type of consumer.

yuishire said : You know, even Wii have a decent graphics its still par with 360/ps3 graphics you know

the Wii isn't even on par with XBOX 360 launch games .