By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii action RPG - Moon's Peak

Well good to hear more RPG:s are coming..but i´m not going to jump from my socks just yet..(Did i write the metaform right?)

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
I hope we get more turnbased. The wii is getting enough Action Rpgs.

Eh, it'll take time.  Once people get over the feeling they need to use motion controls for every game.  I mean unless they add in motion controls to make special attacks do more damage or something... 

there would be very little differnece between making it or an RPG for a PS2 or PS360.

With the differences being a  larger userbase (PS2) or more resources (PS360).

Few probably care for both... and just want one. (Persona 4) or the other (Final Fantasy 13.)

Gotta wait for the PS2 to die before the Wii gets a lot of turn basedRPGs i'd say.

Even then it might not happen if PS3 sell to a lot of RPG fans. 

sc94597 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Domo-Kun said:
sc94597 said:
I hope it is turnbased. The wii is getting enough Action Rpgs.

Action RPG's aren't turn based by nature. :)

That's sc's point.

I'm confused? I meant to put I hope we get more turnbased pargs. Is it even possible for an action rpg to be turnbased?

Kinda...

Valkria Chronicles I could see being consider an Action/turnbased RPG.

With the coverfire, and you moving with movement points...

But... no, not really. 

naznatips said:
konnichiwaa said:
^ I don't like that kind of WRPG's;...- Oblivion fanboy.

I like that kind of WRPG and hate Oblivion.

@sc very very very bad... I think MrStickball is the only person I've ever met who liked it. This will probably be crappy, but hey, support is still a good thing...

I don't know. From what i've heard it's just your usual by the numbers JRPG. Just the story is a little flat.

It was basically hit hard for being a next gen game that offered nothing new but next gen graphics.

Checking metacritic supports that.  Average of a 69.  With everyone taking off big points for being too similar to other JRPGs.