By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony charges for some online services - PSN pales in comparison to XboxLive

oh...but this is only speculation.

Magazine, with subscription. well thats new...

Around the Network

Qore =/= XBL

Qore = Game Infromer/EGM/etc. Do you get Game Informer for free?

Nice job trying to inflame the PS3 crowd. Guess you're pretty disappointed that no one took the bait?

This a monthly magazine that no one has to buy if they don't want to. Even if one were to get the subscription, it's still half the cost of XBL. Over 5 years XBL costs $250. That is the number one reason I will never buy a 360. For that much, I could get a Wii and be much happier.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Not sure why this topic wasn't locked by SSJ as the title is clearly flamebait, but whatever I'll do it.

Edit: Unlocking again since the article title is a direct quote.  My fault.

if this is starting tomorrow why has there not been more talk of this? that article was the first id even heard of it.

and anyone here considering getting it?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

To avoid the cliche of stamping this thread with a FAIL, i will once again simply stamp it with a big fat F...

The underlining fact here is that at the end of the day, PSN is free, XBL isnt.

The defence rests....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Yeah this thread fails tremendously. It's not necessary to purchase. If you want to buy it, buy it. If not, don't. The online service is enough, they can't give away everything for free. And Xboxlive is better, but I think the advantage is overblown.

MrBubbles said:
if this is starting tomorrow why has there not been more talk of this? that article was the first id even heard of it.

and anyone here considering getting it?

I might buy the first episode tomorrow. If I do, I'll tell you guys how it is.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

naznatips said:

Not sure why this topic wasn't locked by SSJ as the title is clearly flamebait, but whatever I'll do it.

Edit: Unlocking again since the article title is a direct quote.  My fault.

So if I find a blog with a direct quote that says the Wii is a simple toy or something along those lines, it won't get locked?  It's still an flamatory post even if it is a direct quote.  Saying that it's ok to repeat is like saying it's ok to kill babies because someone else did it first.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Wonder if the free online is tempting enough to bring enough gamers onto the console to offset the cost of having a free online service? Would be an interesting study.