By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis Warhead: Sequel? Expansion? Consoles?

Crysis Warhead Is Certainly Something

What's all this then? Awhile back developer Crytek filled for trademarks on a variety of Crysis-related names, among them Crysis Warhead, though back then we had no earthly clue as to what it was referring to. Well now we still have no earthly clue what it is referring to, but we can definitely tell you it is something terribly official if this image, which is appearing on the front page of the official Crysis website is any indication.

Is it one of the planned sequels to the original game? Perhaps a version of Crysis for consoles? A Broadway musical based on the events of the first game? I suppose they'll get around to letting us know when they damn well feel like it. Thanks to everyone who sent in the tip!

http://kotaku.com/5013062/crysis-warhead-is-certainly-something

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think it will end up being a console release. Too early for a sequel IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

I really can't see why people would buy Crysis on a console. It's an average game after the graphics have been stripped down.

It definately sounds like a console title to me (compare Far Cry ---> Far Cry: Vengeance, Call of Duty ---> Call of Duty: Finest Hour). Probably a stripped down version of the original Crysis with some different or bonus levels.

Btw it's way too early to reveal and start building up hype for a PC sequel since Crysis is still selling.

Possibly an expansion. I don't know nor care. Probably a numbed down version of the game for the consoles.

Going the console route would probably make the most sense even after all the Crytek said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

Warhead to me sounds like an expansion that adds a couple of missions (the Koreans launch a nuclear missile to hit the island, perhaps) to story, but mainly adds to the multiplayer component, with new game types and maps.

Well, that's what I got from the name.

I strongly doubt it's an expansion for PC since Crytek have been very clear that Crysis will be a trilogy. A single player campaign would interfere with that, and a multiplayer-only expansion is very unlikely for obvious reasons.

In my book this is Crysis for consoles confirmed.

But on second thought, why would they put a boring picture of a soldier without any environment if this was to present Crysis to a new audience?

Knowing EA, it is an expansion pack for the first game. If not, it is the console version.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Probably an expansion.