By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Going to China with my console.

I have at various times brought a Wii and Gamecube here, well packed in bubble wrap in my checked in luggage and they were fine.

Most places in China have these weird power points that accept anything. I can use both Japanese and Australian appliances here even though i can't use Japanese stuff in Australia or vise versa. I'm currently playing my Wii here without a need for a converter. That failing you can easily buy converters here and they are really cheap.

Finally, please don't stay inside playing games all the time, i know it depends on where you are going, but there's plenty to see and do around China and the people are generally really friendly so even/especially if you don't speak Chinese, they are usually really helpful.

Around the Network

@slimebeast: He said he goes there for the first time ever. so why not enjoy the country?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Your cousins would probably love to play games. They probably haven't even seen a 360. But hey you can play anytime back here so go out there and enjoy the new place and scenery.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

>_>.

Thanks for the advice guys.... but TBH, I could care less about visiting tourist attractions (which I will do regardless) and partying will happen anyways. The food will be enjoyed (since i DO have to eat to survive) and I don't care for the great wall or the ancient city as I've seen enough of them via Discovery channel and grade school. The main reason why I'm going is to meet my grandmother for the first time before she passes away, my cousins will take me to the fun places where we'll chill and relax but I don't expect to party and go touring EVERYDAY. I don't even know if there's anything great to do in the city or village that my relatives live in, all i know is that they have a TV.

If I were going to Vegas, Niagra Falls, Cali or NYC, I'd just bring a PSP for the flight and clothes with me. So i guess, it's just that this is the first time I've ever been so far from home (U.S) and it's unnerving that I don't know what's in store for me. Either way, I'm more leaning towards bringing my slim PS2 instead to minimize the hassle....

I will enjoy the food, country, meeting my relatives, partying, etc, but there will be downtime and I want something to do during that moment.

I just can't stress enough that you have to use a voltage converter... Otherwise you can say goodbye to whatever USA console you plug into the wall in China (unless the power supply supports all voltages, check the label; China is 220 V, 50 Hz).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

lets just make the category clear, are you a teenager or an adult??? and you have no problem blowing out like 5k USD(current exchange rate 6.8 I think = almost 35k RMB to spend), if you fall in the later case then I'm sure your cousin will know where to bring you to and you'll sure going to smack yourself for carrying that dead weight(360) with you.

Pk9394 said:
lets just make the category clear, are you a teenager or an adult??? and you have no problem blowing out like 5k USD(current exchange rate 6.8 I think = almost 35k RMB to spend), if you fall in the later case then I'm sure your cousin will know where to bring you to and you'll sure going to smack yourself for carrying that dead weight(360) with you.

I'm obviously an adult, but I'm brining around 1k with me to spend as the rest goes to airplane tickets and relatives. But like I said, I've never even met my cousins (that live in China) before nor do I know whether they live in the city or further out into the country side.

To summarize:
Get a DS
or.
Enjoy the country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

a more simple question is; are you able to communicate in chinese language???
if not then its best you bring that console with you.
and trust me if you planing to go out and have fun in party then that 1k is very very little.

How long will you be there?

JUST REMEMBER!!! HOW BIGGER THE SIG, HOW SMALLER THE ****