By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 will "blow people away!"

Skeeuk said:
starcraft said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
lol @ NJ5

OT: This game should be good, but dev's have claimed that their games will 'blow people away' in the past only for the game to be mediocre!

Yeah but Bioware are always right.

Have you played Mass Effect?

It blew. In the good way.

mass effect was ok, but didnt make me stick to it till the end, im sure they will improve the grafix as that was a sorta low point for mass effect, but the game recived rave reviews. fingers crossed for a ps3 release though

Ah, cuz this 'ok' game will be great on PS3, right?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
DMeisterJ said:
Please Bioware:

Do not use the same tired good (whoops, I mean Paragon), and bad (erm, Renegade?) thing again.

It's getting tired.

Great game, but I'm tired of that same good guy/bad guy routine.

Can u elabroate on this?  Note that I havent played ME, but I suspect it has something about the player to be able to choose his actions good/evil. What's your chriticism?

It's just that Bioware does that in every game they make, and they should do something different.  After Kotor and this game, the good/evil thing is getting old.

If you've played Kotor, it's basically the same thing.

DMeisterJ said:
Slimebeast said:
DMeisterJ said:
Please Bioware:

Do not use the same tired good (whoops, I mean Paragon), and bad (erm, Renegade?) thing again.

It's getting tired.

Can u elabroate on this? Note that I havent played ME, but I suspect it has something about the player to be able to choose his actions good/evil. What's your chriticism?

It's just that Bioware does that in every game they make, and they should do something different. After Kotor and this game, the good/evil thing is getting old.

If you've played Kotor, it's basically the same thing.

No.  Not at all.  In Kotor, you either took over the galaxy or you saved it.  In ME, you're always a good guy, with the only question being how far you go to get the job done. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

That statement certainly gave me a big blow... job well done!

DMeisterJ said:
It could blow us away in a bad way.

When is the last time BioWare made a bad game?

They're on the short list of developers that get an automatic purchase from me. Valve, Team ICO, BioWare, there are a few developers that just put out pure awesome in a box with every game release. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Please Bioware:

It's getting tired.

I'll agree with that point. They need to mix that one part of gameplay up a bit. Even then, that's not enough to stop me from buying the game considering the load of other strongpoints the original ME offered with its cinematic method of interactive storytelling and tight storyline (other than the non-story worlds).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The first game blew me away, with its story and game play. I can only see the next installment doing the same and drawing me into the Mass Effect universe. I'm sure they will also tweak the menu system/inventory system.

Whew! I was positive BioWare was going to have a press release stating "Mass Effect 2 is going to suck. Sorry guys. Didn't mean to get your hopes up."

With this new information, I can finally put my mind at ease! Thanks, starcraft!

This just in: Peter Molyneux says Fable will change the world as we know it and Hideo Kojima states that MGS4 is just to awesome to fit in a 50gb bluray disk.

ZOMG!!! 

rocketpig said:
DMeisterJ said:
It could blow us away in a bad way.

When is the last time BioWare made a bad game?

They're on the short list of developers that get an automatic purchase from me. Valve, Team ICO, BioWare, there are a few developers that just put out pure awesome in a box with every game release. 

Oh, I was just toying with Starcraft.

But yeah, I hope that they do mix up the good/evil thing.  I'll still buy ME2, but I won't enjoy it as much, if it's the same Renegade/Paragon thing.