By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Malstrom's Billion Dollar Cat

From http://malstrom.50webs.com/news.htm

Malstrom's Billion Dollar Cat on June 3, 2008

There is a very good article on the overall sales and losses of the console companies at gameinvestments. Take a look.

People accuse me of being 'pro-Nintendo' when I am actually 'pro-profits'. What on earth could I learn from Xbox 360 or PS3 in the business sense? How to lose billions of dollars?

This is Malstrom's Billion Dollar Cat. Why is he worth so much, you ask? Well, his operating income is $0. This is billions of dollars more profit than Microsoft and Sony. In other words, this cat has generated billions of more dollars than Microsoft and Sony... and all it does is sit there and poop on the floor. Even a homeless man has raised more profit than the executives at the Microsoft Games Division.

"Sunk costs! Sunk costs!" they squeal.

Sunk costs are when you cannot get money back such as paying for a movie ticket. One can make back the money invested in launching a console. Hell, Nintendo does it all the time.

They just don't want to face the stunning revelation that Malstrom's cat has generated billions of more profit than they have.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

Around the Network

A picture says a thousand words.

i'd much rather be the owner of sony or microsoft than that cat, that's for sure.

BCNR34 said:
i'd much rather be the owner of sony or microsoft than that cat, that's for sure.

That'll be $5.5 billion for starters haha. 

Now gentlemen, how do you propose we steal this cat?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

At least, they don't have to clean up the fecal matters leave behind like the cat's case.

Oh wait...

wrong, his cat surely has no operating income of $0 - or doesn't he feed it, give it water, buys toys and so on ? that bastard

BTW the bolded sentence is seriously wrong, because Sony and Microsoft together make about $20 billion or more profits - he means "the gaming divisions of Sony and Microsoft" - even if the gaming divisions makes losses it has positive influences on other divisions (Sony) or is an important factor for the future market strategy (Microsoft)

I'd like the gag, if it was better thought through and wouldn't have those clear mistakes.

LOL reminds me of a similar quote from an article thats been my most favorite:

Now, I don't want to be the type to say "I told you so." Let me instead just say that a couple of years back I made a prediction about the gaming industry and that my prediction is on the verge of coming true and that I now wish to emphasize the fact that I told you about it beforehand.

Who am I? I am the creator of a certain video game console. I don't want to toot my own horn, but let's just say that profits from this machine were four billion dollars higher than the Microsoft XBox.

My console consisted of a plastic milk crate with a kitten placed inside. The controller was a wooden rod that could be used to poke the kitten. I sold zero of these consoles, which cost me zero to manufacture. Therefore my profits were zero. The XBox, however, LOST four billion dollars. Click the red words if you don't believe me. I'll wait.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15732_life-after-video-game-crash.html

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

luckely those 2 companies can afford to lose money thanks to their other branches of their company. That is a little bit harder for Nintendo, they will have to make a profit.

Malstrom is the best....... that's great!

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709