By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What 3rd party games will reach that legendary 10million mark?

RE5 if the wii gets a version.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

@ kitchen sink

Okkkk.... sure.

@ topic

GTA IV, Wii Fit, and that's probably it.

Ninja Bread Man 2. It's inevitable!!

Topic says third party, so stop listing first party games guys!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

thekitchensink said:
Mario Galaxy=at least 12 million lifetime. 15 million for Mario Kart. Brawl will at the very least equal Galaxy.

Whoops--missed the 'third-party' in the title hehehe.

@DmeisterJ: When in Nintendo's history has a main-series mario platformer not had at LEAST a 10% attach rate with all said and done?

I'll admit the other two were predictions, but none of what I said has any place in this thread anyway, since I didn't notice it was about third-party sales.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Star Wars Unleashed has a decent chance to hit 10 mill. The thing with Star Wars games is that they often sell on name alone. But Unleashed seems like a good game so far and I'm quite excited by it. My prediction, roughly:

X360: 2.75 mill
PS3: 2.25 mill
Wii: 2 mill
PS2: 1.25 mill
PSP: 0.75 mill
DS: 0.5 mill
----------------
~ 9.5

The sequel to Assassin's Creed will reach 10 million because the console install base will be larger and I believe the quality of the game will be a lot better than the first game. And if they release a Wii version it's practically guaranteed to reach 10 mill.
(AC is now at 6.5 mill on PS360 combined, but still selling well and will likely reach 8 mill)

The next Zelda I believe will easily reach 10 mill. Just imagine a super-Zelda to be released for Christmas 2010 on a console with a 100 million installed base. Epic. It will be the Game of the ages. <---oops, 1st party

It seems unlikely that the PS3 version of TFU outsells the Wii version.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

GTA4 baby maybey the new star wars what about soul caliber 4?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

I love Soul Calibur, but it's only going to sell 3 million. Maybe, 4 million.

MontanaHatchet said:
akuma587 said:
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics will not reach 10 million. Guitar Hero III has ALREADY hit 10 million. GTA IV will. COD 4 has a decent chance. As of now that is all the games we can reasonably predict to hit 10 million.

Unless Star Wars: The Force Unleashed gets phenomenal reviews and amazing word of mouth, it won't even reach 5 million on all systems.

What's your rationale behind M&S not reaching 10 million? It's a tough goal, sure. But it's still selling well and it could go through another holiday season and a boost from the olympics. And Call of Duty 4 will absolutely hit 10 million, even if we don't count PC sales.

As for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, 10 million is a tough goal, sure. But 5 million is almost certain. It's on 6 different platforms, getting incredibly hyped, launched in September before the holiday season, and the Wii will be selling so well that it could easily reach 2 million on the Wii alone. Don't doubt the power of Star Wars on the Wii.

Ok, I guess I wasn't accounting for the DS sales.  It is possible if you include those.

Star Wars games usually sell alright, but there isn't a big tie-in to go with the game or anything. If one of the movies had just come out I think the chances would be a lot better. I know I for one have a sour Star Wars taste in my mouth after George Lucas's recent cinematic abortions with the exception of Episode III and to a much lesser degree Episode II.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Isn't COD 4 already at 10mill?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/879/879043p1.html